Download File Post Review Post Comment

C.T.F. Abduction

Author File Description
Chester1
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 4 (TvB)

Capture the Flag ~ Abduction
This is my Forth CSO, and the Second CTF Style game.

Much like my other CTF, the Goal of this CSO is to convert a unit 'the flag' which in this game are herdables. Team 1's goal is to convert the Sheep the is located in 'The Animal Pin'.

From the Pit, Team 1 must walk the Sheep back to their 'Sacred Field' located back behind their main base. Team 2 has a similar objective. Team 2 must do the same things as Team 1, just their goal is to get the Llama instead of the Sheep.

In the Center of the map, there is a place called 'The Cow-Post', Named so because a successful capture of the 'Cow' in the middle will result in the conversion of two outposts on the Top and Bottom of the map.

When a person gets these outposts, a new power becomes available to them. They can then make their gather point one of these Outposts and send valuable shipments from their HC. Along with this, the two Outposts become a very nice barricade.

Throughout the game, Explorers will be crucial units to your army. Their HP is very high, and their atk is superb. Use of these Units will be crucial in winning any battle. Knowing this, Your opponents will try to kill these units, And when this happens they will respawn in the corners of the map where they will wait until an allied unit rescues them, or they reach full HP.

I hope you all will enjoy this map.

**Updated as of: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 @ 21:33 EST**
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ivanelterrible really nice Image, I will try to rate your scenario as soon as I can :P.
Mobile The images on the front page are really cool by the way. :P

Playability: 5

I've played this map several times and it is very playable for people of all skill levels. It is not complicated because the instructions at the beginning tell you everything you need to know.

Balance: 5

The balance is also very good for this scenario. Once one team gets their animal to their sacred field, the opposing team will get an upgraded unit, from strelets to ckn. The only problem I have with this is that one team could have an advantage by letting the other team score and then they could have the better units. However, the upgraded units are not that much better than the previous unit so most likely the game will stay competitive.

Creativity: 5

This should have gotten a 6 lol. It is like nothing I've seen before on any scenario. It is completely original and creative in every way. I think its nice that Chester made an old game, Capture the Flag, into a scenario and I also like how the name of the scenario is drawn on the bottom of the map. I think the most creative part about this map is that is completely emulates the real game of Capture the flag. Once your explorer dies, he goes to "jail" and then can be "freed" by other team members. The cow in the middle was also a great addition because it ensures that both teams are fighting at all times, instead of one time building up their forces and sitting by their base.

Map Design: 5

I also liked the map design a lot because it resembles the real game of capture the flag; with the flags of each team on their side, and the "jails" for the dead explorers. The name of the game written on the bottom was also a nice addition. I also think the two towers were good to add because it adds a barrier for people who are trying to rescue their explorer. My only concern is that the towers may be too easy to destroy; perhaps they should be invincible or something because they are the only way to send cards.

Story/Instructions: 5

I really like the opening cinematics and the instructions are laid out plain and simple. I like the camera angles also, because it ensures that the directions both show and tell the players what they need to do and how they are supposed to do it.

Additional Comments:
Another great map, Chester1. The creativity of both of your maps have been great, good job. :P

[Edited on 07/03/08 @ 05:11 PM]

Chester1
File Author
thanks for the OP review xD

oh and btw; they ARE invincible.

lol

[Edited on 06/12/08 @ 03:50 PM]

Random22 Chester1,
How do you make the Pictures with text on them? I would like to know.

~Random22
Chester1
File Author
go burn? in all honesty if you cant do this, you dont deserve to have a computer.

[Edited on 06/12/08 @ 09:30 PM]

CrazyEngineerKid easy to make:
printscreen + paint + crop + overlay text + save a bunch + animated GIF freeware = cool start img
Random22 CrazyEngineerKid,
Thank you, Sence I haven't done that in about 5 years, And Chester1 Is no help WHAT SO EVER!!

~Random22
Chester1
File Author
He wasnt even right -.-

and wouldnt help you, ever :)
ivanelterrible
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 3

The animals can get deleted, and that is a serious bug, and there is a good reason to delete em, example, you are player 1, and you delete the llama, and team 2 cant get the llama anymore and cant win :/.

Balance: 3

The balance its a bit crappy:

Some civs got better decks (better cards) than others, and some civs got a disadvantage, like russia with weaker strelets (you should make russia automatically start with veteran strelets tech so its balanced).
And as Mobile said, one team could have an advantage by letting the other team score and then they could have the better units. And yes its true, since its just 1 score and as many people in history said, to win a war, you need to lose some battles.

Creativity: 4

The scenario its creative, however, its capture the flag style, and that scenario types have been already made before, however, the cattle idea its kinda creative, thats why I decided to give you a 4.

Map Design: 4

The map design its very good, however, its not perfect, the design could have many suggestions to make it better, and many additions, however, its find as it is, I would give you a 3.5 but I decided to give you a 4.

Story/Instructions: 4

Great instructions, specially by the HC names and the intro in game, including objectives.
Only problem, its that the movie takes 5 seconds to start and you should specify more in instructions:
Make the camera be nearer the sacred field in the specific moment you explain about it or show an example about a llama moving to the sacred field.

Additional Comments:

In overall, the map is good, its not perfect and may have some improvements, but its nice and I like it, great work, I would just like that you could fix some things.

[Edited on 06/16/08 @ 12:12 PM]

Chester1
File Author
Thanks for the review ivan. IF you wouldnt mind, please add some ways i can improve balance i will gladly take them into account.

as for the deletion of the livestock. I had taken care of this already with the 'mak eunit invulnerable' effect, however it didnt do what it was meant to do. I am not sure why, if any one can see a way to fix this problem, please let me know as i agree with ivan that it is a huge problem.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0