Multiplayer Scenarios » Tribe Wars

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Tribe Wars

Author File Description
MosheLevi
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 4

This is 2V2 Supremacy Multiplayer Scenario (FFA is available too) for 4 players (human or computer) with a new twist.

In fact, this scenario can qualify as a new game type.

Players receive free villagers and free crates from Native Posts, and Trading Posts give free food crates.
Once the player has 75 villagers Native Posts give free native warriors instead of free villagers.

As a result of these bonuses this game is all about map control.

Starting location is Random for all players.
This scenario also supports random teams, any combination of team setup as well as FFA setup.

You can also play this scenario with a friend against the computer.

This scenario is for TAD+TWC (so you need to have them both).

Screen Shots

________Map Overview________

Game Play

Players start with a Covered Wagon and a few mercenary units in a random location.
I added special triggers for the random starting location to ensure better playability since each Native Post offers different native units.

Colonial is the default starting age for this scenario.

There are 12 unique Native Posts and 6 Trading Posts around the map.

It is important to build as many Native Posts (As well as Trading Posts) as possible.
This is because Native Posts give players free villagers/free warriors and free crates.
Trading Posts give players free 500 Food Crates every 90 seconds.

The first time the player builds each Native Post he gets 3 free villagers and 500 wood or gold crate.
After that the player gets 1 free villager and wood or gold crate every minute until he has 75 villagers.
Once the player has 75 villagers Native Posts give the player 2 or 3 free native warriors (instead of 1 free villager) every minute.

Native American Posts give wood crates and Asian Native posts give gold crates.

Natives Warriors are cheaper, have more HP, and more Attack.
Advanced Trading post tech is turned on (give them attack) but the price is still 250 wood.
Infantry and Cavalry units are trained faster.

The number of Native units that can be trained from each Native Post has been doubled.

The game play in this scenario is fast and furious with fast pace economy progress and with the ability to train large armies in a short period of time.

Computer players play well in this map although they may take their time building native posts.
I would recommend playing against French computer player since the French AI is quicker to build native posts.

Geronimo’s Revenge

This scenario is based on old Single player scenario I released on September 2006.
This scenario is called: Geronimo’s Revenge.

It is for Vanilla but can also be played with TWC disc.

In this scenario players get free native villagers and free native warriors from every Native post they build.

Playing the Game

Logon to ESO, go to “Browse Games” and Host the game.
Select game type “Scenario” and then choose the “Tribe Wars 2V2...” file name from the list of scenarios.

You can play this scenario with all 14 civs.
All civs have 120 home city level with 25 card deck.

Installation Instructions

Copy the scenarios to "My Documents/My Game/Age of Empires 3/Scenario" folder.

Other Scenarios

“Annihilation” KOTH (FFA)

Special thanks

Special thanks to random22 for making custom triggers for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Random22
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability-4
This map is very playable but, some of the natives are planted in the middle of the map and the explorer builed too slow. And on trading posts on the Trading Route do not create viliagers.

Balance-5
Very balenced. I mainly love the part where you can choose teams or FFA. (I like teams though :P) Though all Postes are spread evenly so it is fair to how many postes are in the map.

Creativity-5
Very Very creative. I can see how you put lots of thought in to making this map. How potses create villies and resources.

Map Design-5
Very well designed, No faulty triggers, Very fair, Good concept!!

Story/Instructions-4
Everyone take note: I will never give this a 5 unless there is a intro or story. So in this case I give this a 4. Instructions are very well thoughten of.

Additional Comments:

In that conclusion...

CONS:

No, Intro or story. If you add in a story and/or intro, I'll react, then rerate. But till then I leave the same.

No, Villagers from trading route. That really slowes down the pace of the map...But I can see how come you don't give villies from Trade Route.

Good Things:

Very well thought of. I may never have thought of a map like this.

Good triggers!! Triggers are very well thought of. I have never found a faulty trigger in the map while playing!!

Well disgned, Indians placed in just the right spot. Camera starting wasn't working well at begining, But you fixed.

So In conclusion of everything I give this map a 4.6/5.

Keep up the good work Moshe!!

~Random22
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author

Thank you Random22 for the favorable review.

Natives give players Villagers/Warriors in order to help because they are allies.
However, technically trading posts can’t give people but they can give resources (profits).
That’s why I have done it this way.
KevTheGreat just an idea, maybe u should remove the villager and add a native warrior becuase if someone revolts he can still get vills,
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author

That’s right, and that is the general idea.

Revolting is a GREAT strategy to use in this scenario and I have done this on purpose because nobody is using Revolt any more.

However, Revolting doesn’t always work.
I played several games where my opponents were losing so they revolted and they still ended up losing but there was more challenge when they did that.
KevTheGreat k, becuase in one of my scenarios i agve the abilty to still get vills when revolted, and they got pissed, so i removed it lol
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author

In this scenario it’s different.
Players CANNOT train villagers from TC after they revolt.
That would be considered as cheating.

However, players continue to get villagers from Trading Posts.
In half the games I played players revolted and they loved it.
For some reason more than one player can revolt in this scenario which makes it even better.
KevTheGreat no i dindlt allow them to train them i gave them 15 vills (as a reinforments) at 15min so they just revolted at 14min lol
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
File Author
I see.
Give them villagers at 10 min and they won't make it to Industrial on time.

[Edited on 06/16/08 @ 07:37 PM]

KevTheGreat i just made it so that if the y revolt it would cancel all of their reinforcements (becuase their reinforcements came form the homeland and revolting fomr it would cancle it)
KevTheGreat Playability: 5
Playable on all acounts, no laggs, bugs that i know of yet

Balance: 4
Tricky when u have an hc for the civs, i decided to giv e u a four. Some decks are more powerful than others

Creativity: 3
Not real creative as far as other scenarios goes, only thing is the trading post that generates vills, soldiers, and crates

Map Design: 5
Lots of eyecandy, hills (thats hard), nice map design

Story/Instructions: 3
Instructions were basic, should include a story for it, would increase this by at least another point if u include one.

Additional Comments:
Well designed game, can be replayable

[Edited on 07/10/08 @ 05:04 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating