Modpacks » Napoleonic Era Beta 1.0

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Napoleonic Era Beta 1.0

Author File Description
Alexastor
(id: Kastor)
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
Napoleonic Era is a revolutionary, non-commercial and fan-based modification for Ensemble Studios' latest RTS game, Age of Empires III. Napoleonic Era requires Age of EmpiresĀ® III: The Asian Dynasties and Patch 1.01 to be installed on your computer. The mod does not work for illegal versions of the game and support is not provided by our team.

This beta version gives you the chance to playtest all new features of Age of Empires III: The Napoleonic Era.

It features 9 completely new and unique Nations, containing the United States of America, Sweden, Italy and Poland.
All nations are provided with incredible and unique graphics and even native voice speakers.

But unfortunately you cannot play on ESO with this version, only Lan and Lan over Internet (via 3rd party programs) are supported.

The mod is easy to install and uninstall and support is provided on our forums (ne.elpea.net) and forum threads on most websites.

A note for those trying to install in Windows Vista: You need to edit the permissions on the Age of Empires III folder in your Program Files so that Full Control is granted to the system, users, and trusted installers (only to that folder!) or it won't install because it doesn't have permission to create a necessary file.

We are still in the progress of development, so several graphics or small elements are still missing.

In the following weeks we will release at least one new version on a monthly basis, containing art, balancing and feature upgrades. Beta 2.0 itself is already in development as well and will feature loads of new Random Maps and even new gameplay modes.

For more information, visit our website at:
http://ne.elpea.net/

And our profile at ModDB:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/napoleonic-era

Or our forum thread here at HeavenGames:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ivanelterrible
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Creativity4.0
Art and Sound5.0
Installation/Instructions5.0
Story/Description5.0
Playability: 4

The playability its good, however, I would like that you would make something so this is playable at ESO online, but just with people that got this mod pack too.

Creativity: 4

This is quite creative, however, I alreayd seen some mod packs like this.

Art and Sound: 5

Exellent design, however, the sound its kinda weird for some units...

Installation/Instructions: 5

Quite simple and fast installation, nice job, I give you a 5

Story/Description: 5

The mod pack got also a decent descrpition.

Additional Comments:

Exellent work :).

[Edited on 07/05/08 @ 03:01 AM]

MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
There is something wrong with the rating.
The average rating should be 4.6 and not 4.0.
ivanelterrible yes I thought the same thing, and something, kastor, please, make something so its possible to play with this mod pack in ESO, but just with people who have this mod pack too, playing with the computer its quite boring, and unless you make something so computer plays harder, people wont use this mod pack for a long time.

The mod pack is great, and I love it, maybe it have got a few balance problems too, but I got this mod pack for just a few hours, so I cant really decide :P.
Northern_Lord Congrats being finished ;-)

WOW I've been looking forward to see this.
I'm gonna try it now.

[quote]The playability its good, however, I would like that you would make something so this is playable at ESO online, but just with people that got this mod pack too.[/quote]

Shouldn't that actually be possible?

Hmm... why does everything have to be rar.? Can you upload the files also in a zip folder? Because there are many who can't open rar. stuff. Or could anyone give a link to a place where I can download a program (FREE) that can read rar. folders (or files or whatever a rar. is)

[Edited on 07/03/08 @ 06:22 PM]

ivanelterrible well, I am not a modder, however, it is possible, since, if you will try to join any other game when you downloaded a mod that is non-compatible with ES, it will tell you, CRC missmatch...

[Edited on 07/03/08 @ 07:21 PM]

ivanelterrible Also, I got a question, Is it even possible to uninstall this?

I mean, when I downloaded the file there was just an installer, and not an uninstaller...
CrazyEngineerKid I thought if two people had the same mod, they could play together...
ivanelterrible yes they can, however, this mod doesnt lets the people enter online...
ivanelterrible How do I uninstall the file?
When I downloaded the mod pack, there was just an installer, no uninstaller...
Northern_Lord okay, I managed to download an exe. file of your mod. But I have a question:

When I install the mod, will then such files as Protoy and files in the Data folder in program files/aoe3 be overwriten or replaced?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.2
Creativity4.6