Fight For Life

Author File Description
FenrisWulf
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 6
<h1> THE FIGHT FOR LIFE</h1>
A Quick RPG

Introduction: I was bored. I went to the editor, and a nagging voice in the back of my mind told me to make an RPG. I told it to shut up. It nagged me some more. I told it to shut up again. It ignored me. Eventually it won, but only to a certain extent. I'm currently making this RPG, you see, but as fast as possible. I've just mixed a few terrains, added a few trees, and called it eyecandy.
Background: This is basically your typical RPG. There are no extra features. There are no subquests. There is no epic storyline. There are no unique puzzles. Heck, there isn't even a boss battle (boss battles would take up too much time, you see). Everything in the game has been done before, just not this quickly. It's basically a hack and slash where everyone is a musketteer and goes down a twisting path killing guys.

Features:
*Everything that you'd expect to find in your most basic RPG.
*The most basic eyecandy, aka. other grasses besides the default.
*I did add a shop in the game. I guess that's sorta cool
*Has graphics!
*Err...thats it I guess

MAP MADE IN 2 HOURS AND 43 MINUTES
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
KevTheGreat lol, from your comments about your map, i don't know are to trying to tell ppl to not play it, or to please play it lol
FenrisWulf
File Author
Auctually, I made it as sort of a joke, you see. I was playing The Fall of Russia, which took 60 hours to make. I thought I could make almost as good of a game in even less of that time. Less than 1/20th of the time in fact. I succedded in making it in less than 1/20th of the time, but it's not at all even close to being even comparable to TFoR. Download it anyways! :P
KevTheGreat lol, mine was a joke too, if u put it up for dl of course u want ppl to play it lol no duh
KevTheGreat
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance1.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design1.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 3
Very laggy in the beginning, so average = 3 No good, no downs. The balance also had a huge effect here, however i decided to give u a 3 instead of a 1, since i gvae u ones on balance and map design

Balance: 1
This was the worst part, i am sure le roi george will support me here since we played together, 3 skirs for 5 gold!!!!! i had a pop of 200 by the time it was 15min and i had over 1500 gold. LOL. btw, + 4 speed, for 100 gold.. i could have ran to the end. Also some civs had better musket hips, some had horrible muskets, low hip and attack.

Creativity: 3
RPG map, no ups, and several downs. Your downs here was no eye candy, many glitches, and several other faults. I recommend that u put a lot of eye candy seeing that u have 0 of them. And the units were put into lines, really un creative. You story was also un creative... You should dip into the story a bit more, perhaps a short video of the ambush. This here was below average, however u already had a 2.2 and did not feel like taking away more

Map Design: 1
In the beginning there was a back exit to the other side, i don't think u want that there. there were also no eyecandy, and as i said on balance, a bug on the purchasing. Also, al u had was a line that curved left and right the whole time, and u had lines of men, none scattered, and the birds didn't fly either. U also need to make the gate weaker, it is too strong and we had alread defeated the units near it, so we had to wait with our muskets to destory a gate :( Clearly u spent little time on this map. You should also rename the muskets.

(Story/Instructions: 3
A below average cinematic, and could use more music througout the game. The storyline also needs inproving, u were ambushed, the end does not work out. Where are they trying to go and y are their enemy units here. The instructions were also kind of untold, basically u were saying u got ambushed, the map was made by u, and it took u 2 hours 43 minutes...

Additional Comments:
This map can easily be seen that u did not spend much time on it... I would perfer zellda and fall of russia. Most of these comments if not all that i have posted, i believe that le_roi_george will also agree with

[Edited on 07/06/08 @ 12:46 PM]

Le_Roi_George This game needs more attention from the creator because the price for the 3 skirmishers is ridiculously too low and should be 20x higher . I guess also that the number of soldiers to fight has never been calculated so its not a well balanced game. Also each player should have his own spawning spot so we would be able to train our own skirmishers.

Classified : Need to be fixed
Takk
(id: Luke_Feanor)
Official Reviewer
Kev a much better review here but you still need to give more suggestions! The creativity category needs much more detail as well.

I'll give you time to edit this one though as it's pretty decent otherwise.
FenrisWulf
File Author
Wait, did you say 5 gold? I think it's meant to be 50. I gotta go check that.
KevTheGreat alright i will edit my review, btw ferris, the 3 skirs needs to be around 200 gold instead of 5, or 50
KevTheGreat is it just me, or are moderators checking our reviews harder, we need alot more info than before
FenrisWulf
File Author
Alright, well I just updated the map so that you can't walk past the cliff at the start, that the speed is +1 instead of +4, and that now 1 skirm is given for every 50 gold.

@KevTheGreat
I would also like to point out that I think you misunderstand what eyecandy is. I mix terrains and add objects (trees, grass, etc.) to make the map look better. Even if the map has poor eyecandy, it still is there. I can't see how you say there is none at all on the map.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.5
Balance2.0