Escape V1,5

Author File Description
Hedanito123
File Details
Game Version: TAD
# of Players: 6
Escape V1,5 for the CSO contest

Info:
Try to survive for 30 minutes in a maze with only a setler (4 player team) while the hunters try to kill you (2 player team).
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Chester1 Some one is going to get bashed.

lol
KevTheGreat how to rate three maps on one review lol
Hedanito123
File Author
this is for the scenario competition. i was to lazy to upload 3 times :P. But your right, so ill upload them seperated

[Edited on 07/06/08 @ 02:38 PM]

KevTheGreat kk
Random22 Hedanatino,
You need to read the submitting rules. You need to add in Details about your maps and pic (To make it looks better ;) ).
~Random22
Hedanito123
File Author
it does not say in the submitting rules that you have to give info, but i guess ill do it.
FenrisWulf Just downloaded. Will review.
FenrisWulf
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance4.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 2
The map is playable to some extent. There was a ton of lag when I was playing it, which is to be expected with so many ophrinks attacking everyone. It would be easy to change this by upgrading the ophrinks stats but only allowing half as many of them be built. It would also be nice if the game altogether moved faster, with a shorter timespan than 30 minutes, for starters.

Balance: 4
Like many escape maps I've played, this one isn't altogether balanced. Whenever I play an escape game (usually, at least) I felt that the people trying to survive have an advantage. This map didn't appear to be much different, but it was more balanced than other games of this type. We had a CPU hunter, which worked out in the end because of the fact that the other hunter gets twice as many units, helping the balance.
EDIT: I completly forgot about the fact that there were difficuilty settings in the game (probably why the game wasn't blanced). I improved the score by a point.

Creativity: 3
The map pretty much the same as any other escape game. It comes with some nice bonuses, though, such as the fact that you can get bonuses for kills. Overall, though, nothing in the game is revolutionary, but there are some nice changes still.

Map Design: 2
The map looks how you'd expect it to look. It is a big maze like map that spirals in a bunch of ways. I felt that it didn't look altogether too great, and it could use some touching up with other objects and a little eyecandy. It still does do the job though, and is a good standered form of this map.

Story/Instructions: 4
The instructions in the game worked out fine. I found it easy to understand the game after reading the objectives.

Additional Comments:
Overall a pretty standered escape game. It would be nice to add a few new features, but all in all, for an escape game, it's fine.

[Edited on 07/10/08 @ 02:00 PM]

Hedanito123
File Author
This lag does indeed lag when someone with crappy internet is playing in it. So you should at least try it with less laggy people. also it makes no sense blaming the oprichnick. You should at least have blamed the towers or grenadiers with their particle effects. Also rating it that low just because you had lag is just lame.

You can choose the balance yourself, so if you dont like it choose another balance.

Of course it looks like a escape game, why else would i call it escape.

Eyecandy? lol. What does eyecandy have to do with these types of games. And you obviously didnt check it in the scenario editor, since it has more in it than it looks.

Good instruction and still a 3 geez -.-

So thats why i think this review sucks. Some people give even crappy games a 5 right away, but i get guys that dont even check the game for real and just give their first opinion.
Mister SCP
Staff
yes i think also is a crap review... But he is right with the instruction. In the review guidelines you can read that you cant have a 4 or 5 without a story. And lag does not really exist in this version, only if a player have a very slow internet it can happen. Maybe he told this crap/give this low review because he is in the contest
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.3
Balance4.3