Mythodea V2,4

Author File Description
Hedanito123
File Details
Game Version: TAD
# of Players: 4
Mythodea V2,4 for the CSO contest

Info:
Fight 2v2 or ffa against other players. You get free units from your spawnpoint. You can get stronger units to spawn if you make more kills. destroy all the opponents forts in order to win the game. get gold from the middle by keeping your units in it. with this you can buy strong units, houses or banks.

Version V2,5 is MUCH better but is has 1 major bug. Online you suddenly get tons of xp for no reason, and i have no idea why, so i uploaded the previous version.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
acornhead Playability: 4
Fun map, one of the best colluseum type maps :). However it gets real laggy during late game because of the mass of units. I recomend putting in a low pop limit to increase game strategy and to lessen lagg. Also to prevent brute force as the winner,

Balance: 3
Now here is the hard thing for volluseum type maps, the decks always need revamping. The euro civs have stronger decks than the asian and the twc decks. I recommend removing the decks.

Creativity: 3
Coluseum type map, hold the middle for benifits. No creativness here. Just another collusuem, however this one is better put together

Map Design: 3
This would have been a 2 if your temple (north east) wasn't ther. Looked hard to put in and most ppl would have just left that part blank. Nice number of triggers. :)

Story/Instructions: 4
Instructions were moderate, and this is a colluseum type map so none is needed. I recomend making the intro a bit more interesting

Additional Comments:
One of the bestcolluseum type maps like scp

[Edited on 07/10/08 @ 04:22 PM]

Hedanito123
File Author
I removed the HC's so i dont see how decks have to do anything with the balance. Also i think its rude to compare everything with colloseum. This map was made before colloseum, it just didnt work cuz ESO screwed up the diplomacy triggers.
FenrisWulf
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
A very playable map, as most maps of these kind are. It was very well made and I found no bugs of any sort. One problem that I had was that the auctual process of defeating an opponet was very hard. In the end of the game I just played, I had the best possible unit selection to someone who was 2-3 levels below me. Even with a bunch of other siege units to back me up, I was unable to even put a dent in the other person's base. I attempted several times to send my army in, but his fast respawning army wouldn't even let me past where his gates were. Everytime I took out part of his army he would have a few more. It was made even harder becuase 3 forts were in his base. I personally think that only 1 fort is necessary. 3 forts made it incredibly difficuilt to defeat the other person.

Balance: 5
The game was perfectly balanced. One thing I really liked was that in most games of this type, the person who starts winning first will usually take advantage of his better units and keep getting the most kills untill they win. In this game, though, I was able to make some smart purchaces and bring my self back up from almost losing. I would also point out that I believe that Spain may have a slight advantage because of its free XP, but that isn't something that you as a designer can help, so I'm not counting of any points.

This was the standered map of this kind. I thought that some neat additions were made, though. I liked the fact that you could build banks and houses to help you in late game, or buy units to help your present game.

The map looked alright. It was neat, and nothing appeared out of place. I didn't see any thing extraordinary about it, but it looked fine for this style of scenario.

The instructions were well told in the directions, and I knew exactally what to do. One suggestion I have is to add a cinimatic in the start rather than objectives. In this sort of game, the early game is very important, and it would be too bad if someone lost because they had to spend a minute or two in the start of the game reading rather than getting ready to fight.

Additional Comments:
Overall a nice version of Mythodea. It presents itself and plays just like most other blood style maps, and does it well. Great scenario!
acornhead y are all my reviews gone ....
acornhead Playability: 4
Fun map, one of the best colluseum type maps :). However it gets real laggy during late game because of the mass of units. I recomend putting in a low pop limit to increase game strategy and to lessen lagg. Also to prevent brute force as the winner,

Balance: 4
Balanced map.

Coluseum type map, hold the middle for benifits. No creativness here. Just another collusuem, however this one is better put together

This would have been a 2 if your temple (north east) wasn't ther. Looked hard to put in and most ppl would have just left that part blank. Nice number of triggers. :)

Instructions were moderate, and this is a colluseum type map so none is needed. I recomend making the intro a bit more interesting

Additional Comments:
One of the bestcolluseum type maps like scp. I musthave been playing an edited version i fixed the balance

[Edited on 07/11/08 @ 05:11 AM]

sneaky_squirrel Playability: 5
Like any other mythodea, this was very easily playable.

Balance: 4
If it is 1 vs 2 (If one team kills a player of the other team) the 1 player will over time overpower the other 2 players, but this is normal in all mythodeas so I give it a four.

Creativity: 2
Just like any other mythodea (In Age of Mythology there are billions of diferent mythodeas) without any features, but sicne its in AoE3 I give you 2 points.

Map Design: 4
Nothing special, a temple of north makes no difference, but map is very organized so I give you a 4.

Story/Instructions: 5
Precise instruction, I knew exactly what to do.

Additional Comments:
Like any other mythodea, but nothing special about it.

[Edited on 07/13/08 @ 12:54 PM]

KevTheGreat wow this is short... i recommend that u increase the size or the mod will remove it like they did witht he rest... i think that he is grading harder
Mister SCP
Staff
lol yeah really very short
KevTheGreat probably gone by the time i wake up
Takk
(id: Luke_Feanor)
Official Reviewer
Sorry sneaky_squirrel, your review is too short! At its current length it's not much use to either the designer or a downloader. Add more and try to help them out with suggestions and critique! Gl

DL Admin

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0