Strategy Underground V1,3

Author File Description
Hedanito123
File Details
Game Version: TAD
# of Players: 6
Strategy Underground V1,3 for the CSO contest

Info:
Your in a cave with 6 people. The only resource is gold. You can buy many units by using gold. try to find the perfect balance between setlers and army, and kill your enemy's. also a bank wagon will spawn inthe middle every now and then. if you bring it to your base you'll get the wagon and you'll be able to build a bank with it for even more gold.

do NOT play this game on post imperial, its really lame.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
KevTheGreat
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
Playable, no bugs, only laggy in the beginning. not excellent, but great. The reason y this was a 4 was becuase if a player deletes the bank wagon it will not respawn

Balance: 3
Some of the units were to storng for their prices, mainly the elephants. i believe that u should make them more expensive. The players should also start in discovery age sine starting in post imperail will upgrade there troops acorrding to their civs. Therefore making the elephants more op when using india.

Creativity: 3
Averagly creative, purchase units, to destory the enemy. No new stuff, basically an average type game. No cinematic :(

Map Design: 4
No eye candy, basically just mines in a cave. Many many caves lol. Ok number of triggers, however u should make a trigger that respaws the bank wagon when a player delets it, as it makes the game less fun when it is removed.

Story/Instructions: 3
Instructions were ok, however u should state how to set up the games by using the HC, and u should use overlay text for the instrictions instead becuase when the game starts ppl are usually talking to each other most saying how do you lay or they say wat they are going to buy. A cinematic would have also been nice to go along wit the instructions

Additional Comments:
Overall a nice game that needs the bank wagons to be fixed and a cinematic. Btw u don't need to put in the .bak file in here, only the .age3yscn is needed
KevTheGreat i hope this review has enough detail and does not need more lol
Takk
(id: Luke_Feanor)
Official Reviewer
Good review. :)

Reviews can always be bigger but it's fine as it is.
KevTheGreat :)
Mister SCP
Staff
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 3
The map is playable but the bankwagon dont return if you destroy it, also you get tons of gold u cant spend cause the trigger work so slow and the winning conditions are crappy (kill tc+ nearly [or all units... cant good remember but i think it was all units]). Maybe u can do a kings hill in middle and u make that the guy control the fort also control the bankwagon. I looked in editor and saw if u want make that a new bankwagon come if u destroy the old one u need very many trigger :/

I totally aree with the unbalanced prices and i can still remeber you told me to use the discovery age cause postimperial suck u said.But only 10% host it in discovery and others just ignore if you say start in discovery age :(
With the tons of gold u buy the strongest units and this are the howdah and cannons cause the other units come also so slow and are not so strong as this (hedanito maybe u limit the number of settlers)

Creativity: 4
like kev said, destroy the enemy... but the bank wagon was a good idea and the "you need gold to buy units" decide me to give you a 4 because i havent see it before ( but i am sure it already exists)

Map Design: 3
simple map design: many mines, everytime same ground, symetric and a shop on bottom. No eyecandy, nothing special at design.

It was ok, only hard to play and read at the same time cause there is no cinematic

Additional Comments:
Good idea but in my oppoinion the winning condition should change to only kill tc. And in long game it suck a bit because the many gold u dont need

[Edited on 07/11/08 @ 07:24 AM]

Spector17
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 3
Playable, but later on the trigger working gets so slow, and you can't really buy units fast enough. So you end up with tons of gold, and little units. So this brings down the fighting a bit.

Some units are so much better then others. Some are not even worth buying, and no one touches them. On other units you have most people trying to buy them.

Creativity: 4
Average map. Use gold to buy units, mine gold. Use a store, etc.

Map Design: 3
Average. No eye candy. The deleting the bank wagon thing can be annoying, and should be fixed.
Change winning condition to kill TC, but make the TC with more hitpoints, right now it is a little low. Trying to find all their units in a huge map can get a little annoying. I usually just resign.

You defiantly should put instructions in the HC titles. That would of helped a lot. Use overlay text for instructions, and cinematic would of been nice too!

Additional Comments:
Good map, its fun to play in!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.3