Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multiplayer Scenarios » SC-P The Broken Empire~Demo~ (last Update 26.4.)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

SC-P The Broken Empire~Demo~ (last Update 26.4.)

Author File Description
Mister SCP
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 4
The Broken Empire plays in the Eastern of the world. It is compareable with zeldda and belongs to the RPGs. This map also includes some pretty nice features
  • ride a horse (without p3)
  • voices if u select some units (if you look on unit stats)
  • 3 unique songs
  • teleport system
  • fictional story
  • step by step instructions and a story where not everything is told in one time (will also get a voice in near future)
  • secondary objectives (in demo this are less)
  • life system (you cannot buy lifes in this scenario but you can sell them for a great bonus).You start with: 3 lifes
  • overall nice map design with much animatios
  • endless amount of levels since this base on a QV system
  • others:e.g. your horse needs fodder

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=12,36938,,20]The official Forum
At the moment it is unbalanced and not all functions listen in the forum are included

btw i search some people who are willing to help. If you dont understand much from scenario designing you even could help at testing and with records (e.g. my voice for female people sounds really really bad)

Problems with bugs and instructions, (oos reports (if it everytime repeat)), reviews and comments are wished

You cannot play the whole map in the demo, just a small area (1/3 of the whole map)

Settings
-Player 1-4 team 1 (japanese)
player5-8 =comps
Player 5 ->japanese;team 1
Player 6 ->india; team 1
player 7 ->germany; team 2
player 8 ->chinese; team 2

small update at 16.04.09
-teleport fix (p1 wasnt able to join the market)
-After you "speak" with he persons the circles will disappear now
-language fixes and more eyecandy at water Many thanks to As_Saffah for this
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
As_Saffah I've hosted it about 4 times. Each time, the game goes OOS as soon as someone starts walking around in the village just after the beginning part. It doesn't go OOS when the player activates the gate or when the village explanation starts. Only when a player is inside the town walking around. The last time it happened just after the announcement of secret objective for finding the dog.

Also, the English in the dialog could use some refinement. I have to play it all the way through to see where the dialog happens that is problematic.

Only other comment I can make is the map is gorgeous, the little animations and work triggers to show villagers doing stuff about town is great and really adds to the scenario. I can't wait to get past the bug and play the whole thing.
Mister SCP
Staff
File Author
yesterday i read on article which stated out that "unit is slected, unit type is selected and visible to player are dangerous effects"
-so my voice acting in combination with unit select could be the reason. So i go to try it out

Sry about my english i know someone who is willing to help me there but i dont want annoy every 2 days this one. So I think a corection could be in demo2/demo3 or if i have bad luck after the debug and final release of the map due of his inactive

btw. Thx for the comment :)
Mister SCP
Staff
File Author
I removed this conditions now i am able to play the town without oos

seems that i need to do a sp variante for the voices
As_Saffah Or, I could play it all the way through this afternoon. And make some changes to the text dialogs. And send it to you on ESO.

Let me know if you have a non-OOS copy for me to look at.

EDIT: Or should I just delete the trigger for the voice acting thing to load, and proceed?

[Edited on 04/15/09 @ 09:43 AM]

Mister SCP
Staff
File Author
"Or, I could play it all the way through this afternoon. And make some changes to the text dialogs. And send it to you on ESO.

Let me know if you have a non-OOS copy for me to look at.

EDIT: Or should I just delete the trigger for the voice acting thing to load, and proceed?"

Would be really nice. Where to send? www(dot)misterscp(at)googlemail(dot com / www.misterscp@googlemail.com

On the upload i did after your first comment have done it. Now my TBE Chats folder just include voice20- 25+ voice 32 which are the taunts of the master (so it`s one mb less to dl [from 9,69 to 8,59] . The main problem of oos is stilll solved try it 3 times. 2 times really good performance 1 time lag to hell (i hate my bad connection for that).

[Edited on 04/15/09 @ 03:25 PM]

As_Saffah I've made a few changes to the water areas in your scenario, and improved the English text dialog chats a bit so they are more clear and fit the scenario theme better.

Please check it out and test it, and let me know what you think. I just sent it to your email. if you don't get it, then it's probably because I guessed your email wrong from the above "code".
Mister SCP
Staff
File Author
i ve recieved it anyway my email is also included to the profile. In near future I make a waterfall a la "As_Saffah"
As_Saffah First time playing the latest version:

Nonahkee's dialog circle still doesn't disappear when she walks away to town.

At choose overview of town choice, some people say yes others say no. This creates huge lag and not everyone gets to see cinematic

Barracks teleport doesn't work

Market teleport works, but as soon as units enter market, they walk to the option "send 10 gold to player 4" and it is sent even if they don't want it

Return Dog doesn't seem to do anything when I bring dog to the cottage

Hunters (2 men with deer) get stuck at shrine outside town. you must click furiously to make them walk back to town and up to the fire, otherwise they will stop, turn around, and go back to the shrine. I think you need to remove the shrine outside the town, to fix this.

Severe lag after objective "Go to the docks" revealed. This is as far as we got, the lag was so bad it basically stayed frozen for about 5 minutes and two people had dropped. We were nowhere near the water.

Allies' towns in the Indian area across the river are not hidden.

----------
Hope that helps. I'll see if I can try again and get a little further to see why it froze up.
Mister SCP
Staff
File Author
"Nonahkee's dialog circle still doesn't disappear when she walks away to town."
:( in sp it did it shop well

"This creates huge lag and not everyone gets to see cinematic"
meaning that some prople dont see the cinematic? :(, if this stay i need to overspawn my scenario with these choice pannels :(

"Barracks teleport doesn't work"
Yes I know since I havent done shop unit triggers the name of barrack is also named like "not opened yet"

"Market teleport works, but as soon as units enter market, they walk to the option "send 10 gold to player 4" and it is sent even if they don't want it"
:S, maybe a units move to trigger helps

Return Dog doesn't seem to do anything when I bring dog to the cottage- I had never problems with this objective. So i gone recheck it

"Hunters (2 men with deer) get stuck at shrine outside town. you must click furiously to make them walk back to town and up to the fire, otherwise they will stop, turn around, and go back to the shrine. I think you need to remove the shrine outside the town, to fix this."
I gone test this soon since I ever hunted the deer in the south of the forest. Seriously the Deer shouldnt go to the shrine. I think I will add a move to point trigger or change location (/kill) the deer or shrine

"Severe lag after objective "Go to the docks" revealed. This is as far as we got, the lag was so bad it basically stayed frozen for about 5 minutes and two people had dropped. We were nowhere near the water."
omg I check this out

"this is the fault of invicible objects and some eyecandy where i forgot the location. (japanese town it is also near the fisher)

Thank you for Playtesting since I often only go with 1 or 2 friends for it due my bad connection (horrible upload speed for host it... I will try to fix it as soon as possible)
Mister SCP
Staff
File Author
First time playing the latest version:

Nonahkee's dialog circle still doesn't disappear when she walks away to town.
-fixed
At choose overview of town choice, some people say yes others say no. This creates huge lag and not everyone gets to see cinematic
-not fixed

Market teleport works, but as soon as units enter market, they walk to the option "send 10 gold to player 4" and it is sent even if they don't want it
-fixed
Return Dog doesn't seem to do anything when I bring dog to the cottage
-fixed
Hunters (2 men with deer) get stuck at shrine outside town. you must click furiously to make them walk back to town and up to the fire, otherwise they will stop, turn around, and go back to the shrine. I think you need to remove the shrine outside the town, to fix this.
-fixed
Severe lag after objective "Go to the docks" revealed. This is as far as we got, the lag was so bad it basically stayed frozen for about 5 minutes and two people had dropped. We were nowhere near the water.
-unfixable for me it works everytime
... not fixed
AS System is installed

bugs which arent fixed yet
-horses dont die or loose hp if you gave permantly to less food
-Long respawn times will be fixed soon

The next version will also include a new track instead the old one:"World Trade Center" )new one is "All Alone". AS_Saffah you noticed my custom songs? since you also made new chats for the Explorer (just a question). So i have to redo them

[Edited on 04/18/09 @ 12:42 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:265
Favorites: [Who?]1