Multiplayer Scenarios » SH Run Kitty Run

Download File Post Review Post Comment

SH Run Kitty Run

Author File Description
Sir_Hans
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 4+1comp
In this scenario you have a husser and you have to go to the middle of the map.
You mustn't touch a pirate if you do it a flag appears instead of the hussar and another player has to touch your flag then your hussar will appear again.
If every player touched a pirate that no hussar is on the map you lose but the host can choose if he wants to play again.

In the cinematic are the instructions again.

all player team 1 the computer team 2.
The food is another version which I lost -.-
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
A_US_James246
(id: James246)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 3
It is fairly hard. I've managed to nearly finish it so far with friends. As suggested in the additional comments, I'd like to see some checkpoints every gated area, or maybe every two or three. It's really fun, but just a little bit too hard. I think the reason why I found it a bit hard was when I have played it so far, there has been about that '1/2 second lagg' where you see the Pirate turn towards you, you click away, but it takes that half second to turn with the lagg and by the time he does turn the Pirate has already killed you. Now I don't know whether that is something wrong down my end. It might lagg for just me, or it might lagg for everyone else. Other then that, it is fun.

One bug that I have found though. Sometimes when a Hussar dies, and then the Pirate moves away about 1 block, and you go to rescue the Hussar, the rescued Hussar just randomly dies again when the Pirate isn't even close to him. I've only seen it twice, and if it happens again I'll try to get you a screenshot so you can fix it.

Balance: 3
The pirates are balanced throughout the course. Sometimes they group together which makes it extremely hard. All players have a Hussar, so no one can be better then the other.

Creativity: 5
Really great idea! Fantastic!

Map Design: 4
Great design with the crates and such. Really nice. One thing that I do suggest, is possibly having maybe some obstacles such as Trees so they have to run around them. I'd also like to see maybe instead of having it all just grass, maybe like water in the black areas inbetween the straights, just to make it look more appealing?

Story/Instructions: 5
This is one of the funnest scenarios. I was just playing it for over 2 hours and didn't get bored! Really good set. Run kitty run!

Additional Comments:

This is a really great scenario! It is a bit hard, but is still fun. Just maybe think about obstacles and possibly some checkpoints so when you get to the last straight and everyone dies you don't have to start it all again. If you take is some of the above suggestions, I'm sure that it could turn out to be truely great!

[Edited on 07/07/09 @ 10:55 PM]

Sir_Hans
File Author
Thanks for the review.
Some people said that I should add checkpoints but I was too busy...

[Edited on 07/07/09 @ 01:25 PM]

KevTheGreat
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
Game was okay and no bugs or glitches that i noticed throughout the game, perfect here.

Balance: 5
Same units for all the players, so perfect balance

Creativity: 3
The map could have used some more features/obstacles and definitely some music during game play. You should make it harder and harder as you progress through the map, perhaps instead of all the units of Gaia being the same you can use different ones and increase their speed so that they move faster.

Map Design: 3
The map was flat, you should add some bumps every now and then or make giant hills for them to go over, and maybe some different terrain color for each inner square. The map looked very bland in my opinion.

Story/Instructions: 4
All needed instructions were told in the cinematic, but i found the cinematic boring and music would greatly spruce it up!

Comment: Overall a fast simple map to play that has a lot of potential.
As_Saffah
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
This is a deceptively easy looking map, it's actually a lot harder than it seems. Pirates wander about randomly and your teammates may or may not be inclined to save you. So your experience will vary quite a bit. It's a really simple, small map so there's no fighting or lag. That said, there's not much variety in your tactics or strategy, just have to sharpen your awareness.

Balance: 4
Not much to say about balance here. Every player starts with the same unit(s) and improvements, and the same chances to make it or get bumped.

Creativity: 3
There's several maps that use an obstacle course or touch-me-not mechanic in game play. This is one of the simplest, with a pretty straightforward game plan and consequences for failure. It's very much like the Paintball games and some of the Thief games that came out with vanilla.

Map Design: 4
Fenced areas keep people and pirates together without creating pathing issues. All areas of the map are used efficiently and it's a nice looking design.

Brief instructions, pretty clear from the outset. Not really the kind of map that needs a lengthy tutorial cinematic or a storyline. I suppose you could make one up, say you're walking through a colony of infectious zombies, but this works just as well and without all the baggage.

Additional Comments: I still haven't managed to go all the way on this map. I'm just too clumsy, I think my horse has a fat rear end. :P
gunner1
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
This is one of the most fun scenarios I have played. The problem is that it doesn't have much replay value once its done, I'm not saying that you should try to add extras in that would make it more compliacted but loner as i feel that would just ruin its appeal. Perhaps though if you were to upload a camapign or map pack with multiple scenarios ectactly the same but with slightly different maps or difficulties then 5 could be given.

Very well balanced, its hard enough that you will have a challenge playing it and it will take a few times, but not fustratingly hard.

Creativity: 4
A nice spin on the general avoid opponents genre. I feel the concept was very good but perhaps could have been enhanced more, this is really only in the map design section so read below.

I feel this is where the scenario loses out, the layout is one of rectangles in which each one gets smaller.

Now I am all for minimalist design for maps that don't need it, this scneario though would benefit from more creative designs.

I feel the rectangles getting smaller makes it easier towards the end where it should be getting harder.

The concerpt is good but perhaps if you expanded into other areas in could be great. some ideas you could do are thing like;

Pirates hate hold of a city and you must sneak through the streets.

Pirates in the wood
pirates in a cave

pirates hold the sea and you must get past pirates ships on a boat

There are endless possiblities and to improve replay value you could also offer the player multiple routes with maybe something offered for going a harder way.

A nice cinematic to explain anything, its easy to understand anyway and I don't think anyone would have a problem knowing what to do.

Additional Comments:

A really fun scenario as i have said, I just think the two main weaknesses are:

limited replay value
Map design

you could possibly make it more replayable not only with map design but with some sort of arcade scoring system perhaps where players score based on something like time taken to complete the course divided by the number of times the team died.

And i all ready mentioned some map design ideas if you want to use them.
gunner1 Also i made this scenario a favourite of mine and I think its the first file ever to get one, so you can claim that!
Lante
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
It's hard to play, but not impossible, I like it to play hard maps, instead of easy boring scenario's. this scenario made me trying to play it over again and again till i would win ^^

Every player has the same, so everyone has the same abilities to win the game.

It's the first time in my life i see such a scenario, it's completely new

The map is made nice, but not special, nice maps are good to have... maybe some obstacles or eye-candy?

Everything ok, just can't give a 5 for it, its not spectacular ^^

Additional Comments:

I'd like to see more versions of this, with other mazes, and you could add a story to it, like a town where your kitties lived, but then pirates came and sieged everything, and you had to run?
BurningSushi460
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
The map is very frantic and a great online party game to have with friends. It is winnable but is quite difficult due to the speed of the pirates. That also leads to some issues as the deathtouch factor of each of these pirates are actually bigger than the pirate and can result in some completely WTF times that need some degree of justification. It is by no means your fault Hans but the pirates are just difficult to interpret in a tight squeeze. When TEAMWORK is applied (you better read that Kev), the game is not so hard and this makes it more fair and thoughtworthy.

Very robust, very fun, everybody has an equal chance of winning. Teamwork makes sure the game isn't too difficult and the game is quite paceful.

Despite pulling it off from the original Warcraft III maps, this is a well-adopted transfer from its Orcish counterpart and deserves praise.

A very simplistic map design that allows maximum gameplay and little lag. Replacing the black walls with water might have been a more visually enticing solution and map variety could use a little more touch up like its predecessors, but all in all its decent.

As straightforward as it gets.

Additional Comments:
Please, please, PLEASE add some frantic J-Pop techno music to make the experience more engaging. PLEASE, IT BEGS FOR ZE J-POP!!!1!

All in all, very fun map to play when normal games begin to bore.
Sir_Hans
File Author
Thanks for all the reviews maybe i do all the things
KevTheGreat lol the only person i didn't revieve was u sushi :P
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?