Single Player Scenarios » The Battle of Lexington and Concord

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Battle of Lexington and Concord

Author File Description
Skyrate
File Details
Game Version: AoE3
Screenshot:
In the 1770s, the young scouts Duncan and Peter are sent to watch the movements of the British in Massachusetts near Boston. They come to Lexington just in time to help with the beginning of the Revolutionary War.

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5737/screen11f.jpg

Revolutionary times:
The Battle of Lexington and Concord
The Battle of Bunker Hill

This scenario uses some custom files which are included in the zip. Check the ReadMe for instructions on installing and uninstalling. A list of all modified or new files is there also.

This scenario is for the Summer 2009 Scenario Design contest.
I suggest Reviewers for the contest to play through the scenario a few times and choose different options during the scenario.

The below mentioned bugs appear to be caused by other mods which were installed prior to the use of my mod. I have checked my files and can't find anywhere where these bugs would've been caused. Another Designer has also said that the bugs were caused by other mods and not by mine.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Teutonic Twit I'll try playing your scenario, but I won't employ your mods, as most screw up the basic game
Skyrate
File Author
The mods are *required* for the scenario to operate correctly. Without the mods your civ won't be right, you won't have any heroes, and you're guaranteed to lose.

I have tested all the mods, they won't mess up your AOE Game. And if you follow the ReadMe you can uninstall them without any trouble.
As_Saffah Seems to open and run fine in TWC/TAD... haven't got time to play right now, but will look forward to going through it and posting my thoughts later.
Sir_Hans
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
There was 1 bug so I can give you only a 4 because when you select that you can give them your weapons the user controls doesn't go on. Without that bug everything worked but I couldn't finish the game and I have a good PC which doesn't lag.

Balance: 3
It was very easy and I had all the time more units than the game started. Maybe the end was very difficult but I couldn't play it -.-

Creativity: 4
Nice MOD but the scenario wasn't very creative. You could make some features.

Map Design: 4
Seems good but some traps to the other city or hills would be better.

Story/Instructions: 4
It explains everything and you know what to do but some better camera pitches or anything like that for a better camera would be better.

Additional Comments:
It was a bit boring because there come the 10 musks waves very often.
scenariosonly well I couldn't agree more...

Rating: 3.8

Breakdown:

Playability 4.0
Balance 3.0
Creativity 4.0
Map Design 4.0
Story/Instructions 4.0
KevTheGreat to post a review use the post review button, and probably best to state more info on why you made that score
Teutonic Twit Skyrate,
The problem scenariosonly ran into with "The Battle of Bunker Hill" considers me...
This is why I won't play/review your scenarios, the mods..."The Battle of Lexington and Concord" or "The Battle of Bunker Hill". They may be good but I'm not going to mess up my programs "cause you made a mistake"...You get your stuff together and convince me you got it right and I will play/review. No hard feelings, just protecting my files...

You have a month to edit your files...please let me know if you do...

[Edited on 08/02/09 @ 03:02 AM]

Skyrate
File Author
You don't need to repeat yourself, Teutonic.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas you have to fix my scenarios. Frankly, I can't understand why his homecity files were deleted. My files never touched those ones.

I'll work on figuring out why his files were deleted.
Darthcast I'm replying here to a post on "The Battle of Bunker Hill" page, since the conversation was about "The Battle of Lexington and Concord".

================Skyrate wrote================
Would you mind writing a review of this scenario using the Post Review feature? I would greatly appreciate a rated review :)
=============================================
Well, first of all, I'm not reviewing for the contest because I participate as a designer and don't want to do both.
Second, I didn't write a review or post a comment because I didn't like that scenario. It felt like an interactive movie to me. It's just the same unit type attacking again and again and you can also train only one unit type, which is the hard counter to all of the enemy's units (which is just one unit type anyway). Even when you have to retreat, you don't get to do it yourself because your units move on their own (with triggers).
So basically all I did the whole scenario is:
1. Moving units inside the base at the beginning.
2. Clicked on train skirmisher whenever I got resources.

Furthermore, I was really annoyed when I saw that you lose the game if you decide not to work for free (and that is what mercenaries would do, isn't it?).
You could really have enhanced the scenario by letting the player switch sides and ally with the British.

So if I would rate the game, I would have to give a 1 or 2 for everything but map design and story. Of course the story would have been a 4 or 5 because it really happened (I guess) and is also detailed, with the British wanting to negotiate and everything. Map design was also good, especially considering the amount of work you must have put in to modify the units appearance.
I hope I didn't offend you, but I'd rather be honest and constructive than saying something I really don't mean.
Teutonic Twit Darthcast,Skyrate,
I'm sorry I confused the issue by posting the same thing in both scenarios. I played this one without the mods, got my butt kicked...won't review unless I do mods...
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0