RPG Cudgel of Sacrifice V04 Updated

Author File Description
Damari
File Details
Game Version: AoE3
Screenshot:
Single Player RPG
Created by: Damari

This is a long scenario, so sit back, and enjoy!

Cudgel of Sacrifice v04

July 12, 2009

----------Updated: 07.14.09----------
Fixed shop for hero upgrades.

----------Updated: 07.16.09----------
Fixed ctrl hotkey bug.

----------Updated: 07.24.09----------
Fixed Farmers items.
Removed some trees in swamp area.
Fixed teleporters.
Added a warning to save.

----------Updated: 08.15.09----------
Added more to instructions and objectives.
Added more hints.
Added more gold at start up.
Added 1 gold per kill.
Added another outpost in Trem.
Added return to main menu when you won.
Fixed a couple spelling errors.
Lowered amount of gold stolen by thief.
Removed warning to save. (See below)
Fixed some terrain issues with quest items.

As I have learned, saving will remove the upgrades you buy at the shops. This is a problem with AOE3 itself, I have no control over this. I am sorry for any inconvenience, but I will continue to find a way to resolve this issue.

Story:
It is said there is an ancient myth that surrounds the Aztec ruins. As legend tells it, the ruins were one, a magnificent Star Palace, which united all the lands with its power, yet with power came corruption. A great warrior had fought and attempted to create peace with the people. Sadly this warrior had died in battle and the Legions were formed. The Star Palace was dismantled and what was left was pillaged leaving pieces scattered across the lands. Until recently Rex Porter, a man who strives for power, the power of the Star Palace, discovered some lost ruins and has since left the lands in chaos once again.

After a long battle, the Legions were able to secure a mysterious map in the city of Trem. This map holds a key to the location of the Star Palace. In order to stop Rex Porter from completing his task, the Legions must find the lost ruins before its too late.

*********Please Read*********

Game Play:
Unit kills = 5hp
Unit kills = 1gold
Building kills = 43 gold
Quests = gold and/or items
Gambling
Bounties
Teleport
15+ AI characters
Many quests
Companions
Eye candy
Large map with over 500 triggers

Trainers are available in Trem City shop district.
Shops to purchase upgrades and quest items are available in village.
Healing is available in Trem City shop district, village and completions of quests.

There are 13+ quests and are very important to complete if your hero is to win. Quests will also open areas and activate other quests. One quest in particular cannot be completed depending on which path you activate at the start of Thomas quest.

You may find it more difficult at the beginning, because your hero has no training. But don’t worry, as he grows, it will get easier but keep in mind so does your enemy.

Please read objectives and talk with citizens (stand next to them), as they will give hints and/or quests.

Rex Porter’s bandits will infiltrate Trem city through out the game trying to access the Aztec map. Be aware, they may show up when you least expect it. As the game progresses, larger army’s will come.

There are teleporters, which will be activated consecutively from finding ruins. Only your hero can use them, but depending on quest, you are able to take your partner with you when you find Rex Porter. You can return by using the teleporter. If your hero decides to walk off teleport pad, just return him.

Tips:
- There are 13+ quests and no particular order to complete. But be warned, quests will open other areas.
- Shops have a 20 second delay, be patient. So if nothing happens in that time, you didn’t complete what was asked.
- Use your hero wisely; you don’t have to kill everything in your path at once because once your hero dies, you lose. So watch your health.
- If you get confused, read the objectives and/or use the page up on your keyboard.
- Don’t spend all your gold at once. You will more than likely need extra gold to purchase quest items.
- Be advised, North West is the enemy’s village. Try to avoid this area.
- You will need at least 200+ attack and 2500+ hp to fight Rex.
- Return to Letroy every once in a while, he might have an update.
- Go back to town periodically to clear out the enemy because they will take out your defences.

Quest walkthrough: The Farm.
This is the only quest with no objective and the reason I’ll do a walk through. For most part it is self-explanatory if you read what the farmer asks.

Part1. First Gurd (the farmer) will want something from you, once you get this he will ask you if you want to buy his farm for 90 gold.

Part2. If you accept you must then return within 20 hours (20 minutes) to feed your horses. You will need to repeat this Every 20 minutes. But don’t worry; you can feed them any time within the 20 minutes you will also get a 60 second warning. If you choose not to feed the horses, they will die.

Part3. There are 4 horses available for your use on the farm. Purchase a mercenary from a shop, click on your horse of choice and you will be given a new mercenary. No worries either if your mercenary dies, you still have 3 horses left.
This quest is only for fun, you really don’t need to complete it.

******Quests Spoilers:******

Ruins: Quest giver: Letroy. You will find the ruins as you do quests.

The Package: Quest giver: Guard near bridge. Quest location: Travel westerly.

Thomas: Continued from The Package. Quest location: Travel North. Protect Thomas.

Woe is Me: Quest giver: shop keep in the city. He will need a couple quest items and will lead you to Jaskar.

Jaskar: Continued from Woe is Me. Jaskar will ask for you to find him '21' of something.

Assassination: Quest giver: Stuart the ghost. Quest location: Travel westerly.

Exiled: Small quest. Quest location: Travel westerly. This was one of the harder quests for triggers, because you can re-due this quest if you lose, which I suggest you do.

The Miner: Quest giver: Gruak and the Miner. You will need to find a smithy; the smithy will want a couple items as well as the Miner. You will need a lock pick, but you can only carry one at a time.

Sacrifice: Quest giver: Letroy. Will only activate at a certain part in game.

The Farm: Quest giver: Gurd. Read the walkthrough.

Bounties: For details, there is a sign located in Trem City.

Gates: There are a few gates you will need keys for most will drop from units killed. Remember to pay attention to what the Guard tells you near the bridge and to WHO he is.

Please remember:
Do not use cheats, which will only take the fun away from the game.
Try not to study the map in editor before you play.
Do read objectives.
Do at least 70% of the quests.
DO NOT edit, change, or take this scenario for your own. Contact me if you wish to make any changes.

About the Author:
When AOE3 came out I was first to get buy it. I was so excited to see the new editor, and the only reason I bought it. But when I found out I could not publish my maps I quickly tucked it away. Until recently when my son asked me to play some 1v1 skirmish with him. Reluctantly I said yes, got board and here I am.

This is my first AOE3 scenario. I did help my son with his maps and published a couple for AOE2. Never have I been a big fan of skirmish type games, I do however enjoy making maps, RPG’s and alike. This particular map was difficult mainly because of lack of resources for trigger sequences. So basically I had to re-teach myself. Since I only have vanilla I could not test nor play any of the maps out there. This map is entirely my own. Kjn was so kind to help me with my questions in the forums from Es. And my son (after a couple weeks of begging) finally agreed to test it twice. So please let me know of any problems. I won’t take offence, I only want honest opinions.

Notes:
I did not hide the objectives after completion because I wanted the player to keep track of what he/she has done. But please let me know if this is problem.

I play tested this map many many times and each time it took me just over 1hour to complete. Remember though, I know exactly what to do, where to go etc.

I used Gaia as your main support for a couple reasons. One was to have more control of the enemy because I didn’t want them to attack too often, yet enough so there was constant movement on the map. Second, to cut down on some triggers.

There is one bug I know of - When you find Caren and ready to teleport to the boss, don't take both your hero and Caren onto the teleport pad at the same time.

Everything noted here will be included with the file.

To Play:
Place the cudgel of sacrifice v04.age3scn into My Documents\My Games\Age Of Empires3\scenario
Start up aoe3, click single player, click custom scenario, choose cudgel of sacrifice.

This is a large map with lots to see and can be laggy around cliffs. So it might be best to set your graphics to low and/or off. I made this map on my Dell laptop and set all to off and it ran fine. I did however test it on my sons computer which he has this fancy graphics card, ram etc. He was able to play with everything at max settings, but did experience lag around cliffs.

Hope you enjoy!

Damari =)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Yuttho Wow, the map design is really good on this map. Nice job. Except that, the map is so huge that it creates a lot of lag for my computer and I have a gaming computer. I don't even get lag on my Battle of the Somme scenario which Sushi said it would be laggy for low-grade computers.

[Edited on 07/14/09 @ 07:48 AM]

gunner1 I think I found a bug that you can train even if you have less than 64 coin.

I think you need to add the condition 'player resource count' to check he has atleast 64 coin.

I'll wait for you to update before I play some more(unless i'm wrong and its nota bug).
Damari
File Author
Thank you gunner1. I have updated the file.

I did have 'player resource count' at 54. I had changed it so many times trying to balance gold on map which to me was one of the harder tasks.

Thanks again,

Damari
scenariosonly yeah good map...... best one I have ever played EVER on any website...

this gets a 5 out of 5

EXCELLENT MAP!

[Edited on 07/20/09 @ 10:34 PM]

Shireling This will be my first review project. I'm excited.
scenariosonly as I said earlier THIS IS THE BEST MAP I HAVE EVER PLAYED!! seriously good job you made this i would probably PAY to download this...

ok try my map called Island Battle V 1.12
KevTheGreat wow.. i took one look at the map and it looked awesome, it must have take you a long, long, long time to make this map. Only one drawback i noticed was that it was very laggy on my comp. Look forward to finish playing it :) (Thank god there is a save feature lol)
Damari
File Author
Thank you all for your comments =)

Please remember to set all your graphics settings to low and/or off. That should help with any lag.

I am truly sorry for the lag problems; I did try to resolve this by removing and flattening cliffs on the western side of the map. I was actually thinking about removing the waterfall to see if that would help, I mean it's nothing special, just more eye candy.

Again, thank you.

Damari
As_Saffah Hey, is there a particular reason players can't ctrl-hotkey their units? Every single time I ctrl-hotkey a guy, I instantly lose the game...
Damari
File Author
As_Saffah,

I just had a look myself, that is very odd. Since this is my first scenario, I don't even know where to look. The one and only trigger I have for defeat is
condition:army dead
effect:You lose

Sorry that I can't help, perhaps someone could shed some light for us?

Damari
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.7