Download File Post Review Post Comment

QUBE

Author File Description
gunner1
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 4

QUBE

The Aim of this game is to have the most points after the final round.

Each Game you can score upto 4 points depending on how well you do. Remember practice make perfect, so although you may not understand what id going on the first time round the next time you will do better.

Setup

Choose the spanish HC. It does not matter in terms of balance however other civs will have additional useless units.

The game should be played in FFA mode.

When playing online the players should be like this:
Player 1: Human
Player 2: Human/Computer
Player 3: Human/Computer
Player 4: Human/Computer
Player 5: Computer
Player 6: Computer

It is more fun with 4 (just makesure they don't lag).

NOTES:

*Please try to makesure you play with people who won't quit halfway through or some minigames will not end when all the players have finished but only when the 30/50 seconds has passed. If this happens on the deleting game (game 5) just delete the resigned presons houses for them.

*There is only one bug. This will not unbalance the scenario it will just clutter the map.

*Any other bugs are just caused by lag
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Sir_Hans
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
Everything works, no bugs without the one you wrote into the desciption. It wouldn't fair when I give you a 4 because you could fix it if you have more time I think.

Balance: 5
Everyone has the same units and no one has any pros.

Creativity: 4
Youcopied some games into your game but most games were your own ideas so it's a 4.

Map Design: 4
Not much only a square and several terrains but at these minigames you can't do very much.

Story/Instructions: 4
No story but there is a short description before every minigame starts.

Additional Comments:
At people who don't know if they should download: Give it a try it's a good scenario but after 5 times it'll be boring.

[Edited on 08/02/09 @ 01:51 PM]

gunner1
File Author
thanks for the review. I fixed that bug by putting that game last.
As_Saffah
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
Games are pretty simple. Most of them are "avoid touching X" or "be touching X at a certain time" games. It's quick fun that requires no special knowledge or strategy, doesn't take much time, and doesn't lag much. After a while you move on to other games, but if you just want to piddle away 20 minutes waiting for a phone call, this is your game.

Balance: 5
I don't know why Player 1 gets strelets in the cannonball dodge minigame. They do nothing. Otherwise, balanced game and well done.

Creativity: 4
I recognize the work of other designers in here - SH's Run Kitty and Paintball; River_God's Draw; and even the run around the priest ring reminds me of the Andes freezing scenario where you have to move from fire to fire in order not to freeze to death. But they're well done knockoffs (if a little frustrating at first) and the gather/delete races are new. It's good to see that you give a shout-out to your fellow designers while putting their minigames in.

Map Design: 4
Does what it is supposed to. It's small, simple, lag-free except for the cannon part, and fits all in one screen so finding the next gold mine is easy. Not much else, though.

Story/Instructions: 4
Instructions for simple games are...well, simple. No story is required, it's just a series of fun set-piece minigames and everything you need to know is messaged in a single sentence at the top of the screen. You get ample warning when time is about to run out. Setup is simple and straightforward.

Additional Comments: I played this four times this morning. For some reason, even after explaining that it was a series of short minigames, plenty of players had difficulty figuring out what to do. I got a lot of "WTF" and "This is dumb. I just died" so I'm guessing, either I did a crappy job of explaining, or a bit more intro is needed.

I guess the major problem is some of these players had NEVER played fixed-force minigames like SH Kitty Run and Paintball before. They'd never seen a map where your only victory condition is running away from pirates. So naturally they were lost once the Message instructions faded and game play began.

We scenario designers and habitual CSO players tend to forget that much of our target audience don't play anything besides supremacy. They may not speak English well and have trouble parsing out the single terse sentence at the top. In otherwords a cinematic showing a small vignette of game play might be in order. I extend this word of advice to anyone else making these types of games: I've gotten a few of the same reactions when I host Kitty Run and Paintball.
gunner1
File Author
Thanks for the review, Its a fair one as allways.

I usually do put cinematics in when neccassary but in this case I think it wasn't appropriate, asm cinematics get annoying and waste time, even just skipping them wastes times and would dent the replay value.
cheangclone LOL, u got this idea from warcraft 3 too right?
Uther party?

LOLZ... try making DOTA for AOE3 >.
gunner1
File Author
I have never played warcraft 3. I thought this was an original idea...

I guess not.

:'''(

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5