New Files

Modpacks » Age of Empires III: Napoleonic Era v1.0.0

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Age of Empires III: Napoleonic Era v1.0.0

Author File Description
Alexastor
(id: Kastor)
Overview:
Napoleonic Era is a revolutionary mod for Ensemble Studios’ latest RTS game, Age of Empires III. It is currently the most thorough and anticipated mod of Age of Empires III ever made.

Team:
The mod was originally created by game modder and Age of Empires gamer Alexander Flegler (Kastor), inspired by the idea of adding a Swiss civilization suggested by his friend, Jahn Hummel (Twister3). Napoleonic Era soon grew from this and was discussed frequently on the forums of Age of Empires III Heaven. After release v0.2, a very interested member of these forums, Fernando Barbosa (Walker), discussed many ideas to improve and balance the game, and was soon made balance lead. A while after the release of v0.8, Matthew Sher worked with modder Xentelian to complete the Unit Upgrades Modpack. Seeing Matthew’s texture work, Kastor successfully requested him to become Napoleonic Era’s graphics lead. David Rosehnal, having planned to make a campaign about the Napoleonic Era, has made and maintained this website, and interested forumers, like Peter Piepenburg (Tilanus Commodor) have made some valuable contributions to the game as well.

History:
The Napoleonic Wars were chosen for the game’s general theme due to the fact that these were the most influential military events during the time period Age of Empires III, next to its current theme, the colonization of the Americas.

Features:
Napoleonic Era features a great deal of new gameplay elements, returning a few well-missed elements from Age of Empires II, like removing the limit of builders working on one building, improving the arsenal, and new abilities for Explorers. It includes five completely new civilizations, the Italians, Prussians, Austrians, Americans, and Swiss. It also redesigns the existing French and German civilizations. These civilizations are very different from each other, most receive a new AI personality, new technologies, new cards, and the new ones receive their own Homecity. All of the new civilizations and most of the existing ones get many new unique units, in addition to several new standard units. All these new units have had amazing care put into them to make them as distinctive, realistic, and interesting as possible. The game also incorporates usage of Matthew Sher’s Unit Upgrades Modpack, so that the units from the original game upgrade for every age. To fit the new theme of the wars occurring in Europe, Napoleonic Era includes many new random maps, from Europe, and some additional ones from the Americas, and even other places around the world, many of which have completely new native allies, like the Wurttembergers or the Japanese.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Zdrajca I like the new look but here are my issues.
1). The game crashes everytime I try to play a Skrimish game.
2). How do I choose the new Countries, Swiss and Prussian?

The crashing seems to be the biggest issue so far.
KaSt0R You have to install the Homecities which are included in the file. You need to install Patch 1.04 before installing the mod. I think the crash is because you have installed a mod or something; nobody else has this problem.
Zdrajca How do i know if this MOD is working correctly? I followed the instructions but i don't see the new nations.
mrrags1 I only wish that I could unload the patch 1.04 and use this. 8-)

When i tried to load the patch, it said I didn't have the necessary 1.5GB of free space. Is it possible to use WITHOUT the patch???
KaSt0R It should be possible to use it without the patch.
HomenPizza How can I uninstall your mod?
KaSt0R Delete the files... or simply uninstall Age3 and delete the folder.

Don't worry the new versions (look at the modding forum) are with autoinstallers/uninstallers.
jpleake I don't get Heros with the new home cities. Am I missing a step?
gkid6 How do you get 40 cards per deck for the swiss?

[Edited on 03/01/06 @ 05:36 PM]

Carlj This is the best ever download Please read my email
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown