Author File Description
RiverWalker
File Details
Game Version: TAD
I decided to change things up a bit.

Changes from M4.1:
-Cats are now based in the center of the map
-Map is larger
-entire map is randomised within a few templates(Pipes, Bubbles, Cresent Explosion, Fortress)
-Nomad changed from Super explorer thing to Double Duty (explained later)
-Nomad+FFA is mice v mice, but with Deck available
-Mice v Mice (FFA) changed to allow civ buildings and units

== Cats and Mice M5.0 ======================
It's Cats n Mice, mice run and hide while the cats hunt the mice down.

Best played with even teams. You can host it in any age, although the age you pick changes the gameplay a bit:
-If you pick Fortress or lower, nothing is upgraded, but towers are upgradable for mice.
-If you pick Post Industrial, units and towers are upgraded to Industrial level. This is most balanced in my opinion.
-If you select Post Imperial, the Cats have twice as much population (due to Immigrants) and all units are upgraded to Imperial level.

The difficulty adds an extra tool to tweak the gameplay. Think of it like the difficulty for the mice:
-In Sandbox the mice have more speed
-In Easy the mice have an increased tower limit
-Nothing changes in Moderate
-In Hard the Cats have their stealth units available. Normally Stealthy units are not available.
-In Expert the Cats units have more speed

Selecting Nomad as your starting age makes it a whole new game type: Double Duty!
-All players are both cats and mice simultaneously.
-The map is divided into two, you'll be cats on one side and mice on the other
-The age is set to Fortress
-The first team to lose all their mice loses
-There is no time limit

Selecting Free For All (FFA) also makes it an entirely different game type: Mice Vs Mice!
-All players are mice
-instead of the Asian Civilian you get a Pilgrim that can build whatever you need
-Pilgrim dies, you lose
-Age is Imperial
-All mice start in the center

Selecting FFA and Nomad together makes it Mice Vs Mice, but with Home City shipments available. Make sure you have a good deck ;)
Pilgrim dies you lose, there's no way of getting any more of them.

This is a custom map, so hosting it in Treaty is possible. I personally don't recommend it unless the cats REALLY want a challenge, and if you enjoy fighting piles of towers. In a treaty the towers will still shoot, but the units won't fight back.

It is possible for cats to die. If a cat has no units, they die. So if your explorer is down and you are sending your units out in one big clump, make sure to leave at least one alive. Also, the buildings in the cats' base are normal. Meaning if the mice so choose and get the chance, they can grab a few mercs and try to down a fort. You'll hear them on the merc spawn sites, avoid letting them mass up.

It is possible that on the randomly generated maps that one or more players become trapped. It's a custom map, just rehost it if the map's not fun. It will be different the next time you host, I promise.

Good Luck, Have Fun, DON'T DIE!
~River_God
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
dread689 Please say you do remember me. If you do maybe ill start playing Tad again.....and does syllabus and sawwhore still play?
RiverWalker
File Author
Yes Dread I remember you. saw ans sylla havn't played in a while, so I'm going to assume no.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,933
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:7.30 KB
Added:07/20/10