Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » N3O FP AI for TAD 1.03, Version 6 (updated May 5th, 2013)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

N3O FP AI for TAD 1.03, Version 6 (updated May 5th, 2013)

Author File Description
murdilator
File Details
Game Version: TAD
This is the AI used in N3O Fan Patch, except that it has been made compatible for an unmodded copy of Age of Empires III, with both expansion packs.

EDIT: Version 6: May 5th, 2013:

- AI builds only 80 villagers in Industrial and Imperial Ages (down from 85 in Industrial and 90 in Imperial)

- Added a few more specific cards to civilizations, and added more rules to incorporate them in the right time of the game

- Natives now include the 'Town Dance' card in their decks, and use it when you besiege their town instead of the Firepit 'Alarm' Dance.

- German AI uses Settlers Wagons from Industrial onwards, and is magnificently improved (builds civ-specific units; I found out how). Given that they build Settler wagons, they will have generally 20 more settler population than other AI civilizations.

- Added correct cards Unit Improvement for Portugal

- Added Yeomen card for the British; the AI should ship this card as a secondary card - the military still concentrates on Redcoats and Lifeguards (sends it when it sends cards such as TEAM )

- Testing trying to get the Natives to do the 'War Dance' as standard; they now include only 20 Dancers (down from 25) so as to improve their economy.

- Will remove French Church card from the French, and replace it with another more useful card (because this is really underpowered and gives +50% Building Cost; not worth it)

- Added rules for the Asians to upgrade their Imperial Economic Upgrades

- Japanese AI builds much more Ashigaru; builds some Samurai/Naginata, sometimes Yumi

- Testing different card priorities for resource/villager/wagon cards; may make a difference in the future.

- Aztec AI has much better card selection

- Added more bank cards and rules for the Dutch, they will also use Tulip Speculation and Dutch East India Company correctly, and added 700 wood shipment to them

- Will test out things for different civilizations regarding specific cards; I will try and remove the 2 Settlers, 2 Coureurs, and miscellaneous Settler Wagon Shipments, since Settler Wagons are trained via the Mill now.

- Added Guild Artisans to the German Deck; this is now properly used with German Town Farmers

- Only the Dutch AI builds Heavy Cannons from Factories; all other AIs keep both factories on coin and (should) upgrade them on coin.

- Capitol Upgrades rule disabled for Natives and Asians (helps keep the AI more busy on important matters; too many active rules slows down their processing time)

- In General, the AI builds more Musketeers/Skirmishers, and builds even less artillery.

- May allow in the future the Aztecs to Spawn Warriors Priests instead of Skull Knights from the Firepit, thus allowing them to build more units, properly speaking.

- Added Cavalry Hitpoints Card to the French; (at the moment, though, it replaces the Fort; so the church card may be removed to allow the Fort back in)

- Computer ships 'Improved Buildings' and 'Team Improved Buildings' sooner in the game.

- Added more small rules for Economic Techs; may do so for Resource Trickles, in order that the computer use them.

- Perhaps will add separate rules allowing France to have Advanced Trading Post Card, and maybe Allow Germany to include Cheaper Natives card as well.

EDIT: Version 5: May 3rd, 2013 (again):

- German AI should build significantly less mercenaries, and concentrate more on the right units.

EDIT: Version 4: May 3rd, 2013:

- AI now builds two layers of wall upon hitting Industrial

- Now uses German Town Farmers and Guild Artisans cards correctly; the AI should train Settler Wagons once these cards are shipped

- Will remove most Mercenaries (especially for Germany) so that the AI will concentrate on building the right lategame counters and focus on upgrading them (this was included in N3O FP1.3 version of the AI, but not in this one or its previous version to the same extent. I was unaware that I had not changed it previously).

- Will add specific Crate shipments, after some testing.

- AI plays more agressively generally speaking

- AI will upgrade Iroquois, Aztec and Sioux lategame economic techs, if they are available

EDIT: Version 3: Feb. 2nd, 2013:

- Added civ-specific cards, added more cards, AI now sends these cards at a reasonable time in the game, AI builds more villagers, has better economic management, AI tries to build more fishing boats; AI upgrades Capitol upgrades, German AI greatly improved. The Japanese AI should also play a deal better, though they could have much work done to them.

- Many other small featurettes included as improvements, including mill-upgrading, market-upgrading, mercantilism-upgrading, etc.

Other than these things, this file is now up to date with the latest version included in the N3O Fan Patch 1.3z2w.

EDIT: Version 2: Dec. 6th, 2012: Fixed all errors in the coding, and now correctly made compatible with all versions of The Asian Dynasties. Bugs in the coding prevented this before.

- Most Europeans civilizations no longer build most mercenaries (except for Elmeti, Mamelukes, Stradiots; best mercenaries; this is so that they upgrade their Musketeers and Skirmishers to Imperial Status more often); Japan and Germany should build more units now. Also, unit preferences have been improved for most civs. Also, China builds more Territorial Armies as they did in the original Drauger AI.

- Native American Civs build more Canoes on water maps.

EDIT: Version 1: Nov. 12th, 2012: AI updated greatly. The AI has slightly less wood villagers, no longer builds mercenaries, and builds more infantry/cavalry armies, with some artillery support. In other words, they fight now like Human players, though with worse general tactics. Civs will build much better unit selections and more varied; the Dutch, for instance, will build Ruyters in addition to Skirmishers, Hussars and Halberdiers.

Also, Decks have been improved for various civs.

EDIT: Oct. 22nd, 2012: fixed remaining compatability issues.

EDIT: Oct. 21st, 2012: Revamped AI greatly: AI upgrades walls, all AI civs build gates in their walls, deck bugs fixed, AI builds a little less artillery, Spain, France, India and Japan have their preferences altered, AI chooses better cards and ships them appropriately (still needs testing; I will work with this in the future), some early forced economic shipments have been removed, and replaced with better Military unit upgrade shipments.

The Deathmatch AI should play better, as they take time to first build an economy, then military buildings.

EDIT: Oct. 3rd, 2012: Fixed code by removing 'fpGuardFusiliers' tech and 'fpcomptechs1' from the tech research list.

EDIT Sept. 24th, 2012: Fixed code by removing "seasoning" from tech research list (it is a tech included for my mod which makes warships cost less wood).

This uses Felix Hermansson's Drauger AI as a base, but has varied improvements. I know this is not the best copy of an AI, and nor am I the best AI coder, but it is a shot at giving others a rubric to build from. Best played against on Deathmatch games, against two AI, starting in Post Imperial, giving them 30% handicap.

I have made certain decks improvements as well, but the AI does not upgrade their walls. Asians do not build their gates either. So its a bit buggy here and there, but I hope you enjoy and can improve this further if you like. I am not bothered by it if anyone uses this AI to their own liking.

regards,

murdilator
Pages: « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
murdilator
File Author
That's quite strange. Perhaps I better test it out some more.

I have put some ordering priorities on their decks, like certain cards they should pick first, etc. But I was certain that they chose cards reasonably early. I must check this out.
kaptain_kompost so far, I've had this issue consistently with India and Britain, and noticed it for the Sioux and the Aztecs, although Iroquois seem to work fine.
murdilator
File Author
Hmmm....Interesting what you say. I will have to look at Brits and India

It may occur that way for early levels. On my N3O Fan Patch, I tested the AI and everything worked fine. In over 150 games against the AI on my Patch, I've not experienced this issue. Strange, I would say it is.

They are supposed to choose cards after the first 30 seconds or so.

Nevertheless, in time I do hope to test this. A stable version of the AI is on the N3O FP1.3 (it differs slightly from this one, especially as the computer counters differently, preferring musketeers/skirmishers mix over other units, if possible).

kaptain_kompost
Rating
Rating: 4.5
Makes AOE vs Computer 10 times more fun! The computer isn't just a one-trick pony where if you survive til Imperial you win every time.

Additional Comments:
Orilus
Rating
Rating: 5
Very nice AI-Mod. I really liked Draugur AI and can see the many improvements you implemented. The AIs handles shipments, mercenaries and church units so much better! Also the tech and building upgrades are working very well.
Additional Comments:
Thanks for your hard work! :)

[Edited on 03/25/13 @ 07:03 AM]

murdilator
File Author
Thank you Orilus! It's nice someone could enjoy what I've worked on. I only wish more people could try it, though several designers have asked permission to use it as a base for their mods, to which I have agreed, stating that it was a community project.

Its possible to make them do more! I've thought about writing a small guide just on how to simply modify the AI and explain some things which aren't so simple. Of course, being still novice in some fields, I won't be the best for explaining everything, but I think that everyone who wants to change and improve the computer player to their own liking should have an easy time doing it, and not waste 2 months and trying to figure out how things work and where additional coding should be placed. Honestly, I wish for a time that the designers in the community could write simple guides that everyone can read, not just these expert guides which only a few mathematically able people can read.

Again, I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far! I am still testing here and there with another version, but I may upload that separately as a new file, because this file seems already to be successful and itself is well-tested.

God Bless!

murdilator
Orilus Hey Murdilator, I would be highly interested in the guide you mentioned as well as I'm looking forward to a new version of your AI! I'm currently playing with N3O FP AI daily and enjoy the fight very much :-)
murdilator
File Author
I've written the first part, as you requested.

Here is the link, on the Heavengames Forums:

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=14,38878,,10

Enjoy! I hope to add more in the upcoming future.

God Bless!

[Edited on 04/05/13 @ 11:00 AM]

murdilator
File Author
The AI has been updated again, partly to the extent of the FP1.3z2z AI (a significant improvement over the past one).

regards,

murdilator
murdilator
File Author
This AI has been updated significantly, and should play better. However, by adding more specific cards, I have slighted some resource cards. I may work with this some time later, but I hope people will download it and try it out.

regards,

murdilator
Pages: « First « 1 [2] 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics