Random Map Scripts » Great Plains Winter

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Great Plains Winter

Author File Description
Neuron
File Details
Game Version: TAD
Screenshot:
Included in the download are a version for the game without expansions (nilla) and one for the game with expansion packs (TAD).

The map has the same treasure set and resources as the original (maybe a bit more trees). Resources might be a bit better than the ESO map, since I think I started based on a fanpatch 1.2 map (or AS New, don't remember).

The former ponds are now half-frozen, which means laming docks and monitors in ponds will be history.

To install, open the archive and place the files from the RM folder in the My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires III\RM\ for the nilla version and the files from the RM3 folder in the same location, but in the \RM3\ folder, for the TAD version.

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
noxinvictum It looks nice. Such a dramatic changes to our crooked old GP.
Could you please make a map for treaty [that doesn't require twc] which has trade route in the center which divide the map in half so we can build our base without obstruction? And one incas native post fixed on each side of the map near one of the player's tc [for faster training]?
I'm making a treaty website for my clan and treaty players in general [www.aoeiiix.tk]. We desperately need a good map for treaty. Traditionally Andes is the only land map which has Incas and good resource. But it requires TWC[not everybody have it]. So we often play on other land map like Mongolia, Silk Road...instead. But they don't have Incas Native which is bad for some civs with slow training like Otto and India.
Neuron
File Author
Well, I made an Andes version for nilla, which doesn't need either TAD or TWC to be played. That could be ported over to TAD and played without TWC. But the problem is that the map style (land patterns, cliffs patterns, tree types) would have to be replaced with other assets from TAD.

I haven't published the nilla version of Andes because I thought it doesn't look as good as the original, but I played it online and it proved to be fine.

I also once tried to make a version of GP with the trade route in the middle, but I don't think that's a good idea, because it changes the map layout (it's no longer GP, it's something else) and it looks bad.

So, imo, the best solution would be : - to take the Andes map layout, leave the resources, the trade route variations, the natives, etc, the same, and adapt the map style (land, cliffs, tree types, huntables) to TAD (without TWC). I'll see if I get a working version of that at some point next.
noxinvictum Thanks for converting Andes to TAD-only map, Neuron, but does it still have Incas native for fast training? Please please reply.
Neuron
File Author
Yeah, the Inca techs are from nilla, afaik, so it's not affected by TWC. I have a working version, but didn't have much time to test it. I think I'll post it tomorrow.

[Edited on 01/27/14 @ 11:29 AM]

noxinvictum Hi Neuron, we would be very thankful if you can release that version of Andes for TAD.
Neuron
File Author
I have it, but didn't have much time for testing how it spawns in different setups, so I hope I'll get some time this weekend to finish it and post it here. There are a few things I have to fix with the natives' TPs positions.

[Edited on 02/08/14 @ 08:32 PM]

Neuron
File Author
Andes (No TWC) - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ie68796982rkf36/andes_no_twc.zip

The map has "[ Andes - No TWC ]" in the description you see when you move the mouse over the map icon.

[Edited on 02/08/14 @ 08:56 PM]

noxinvictum Thank you very much Neuron. I'm hosting a game with it now.
noxinvictum Neuron, when I try to test a Treaty 40 No Blockade on the map, it displays "You abandoned your colony" right after the map is loaded. No town center was set on map.
Neuron
File Author
I tested in ESO (TAD) in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, TR no Blockade, TWC disabled, both starting in Nomad and Discovery.
Then I tested in Singleplayer and LAN hosting, in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, TWC disabled, TR no blockade, both in Nomad and Discovery.
But I never got a TC failure.

Example:
http://i.imgur.com/WfB3xA3.jpg?1

If you tell me when you are on in ESO, I could come so we can test and see if it spawns right.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:2,750
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:13.58 KB