New Files

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Envoy II

Author File Description
musketeer925
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC+TAD
# of Players: 6
Envoy II is a 3v3, micro-intense competitive arena scenario. Each player has an Envoy in an arena. Players choose what unit to spawn at their Envoy at a shop; the Envoy acts as a mobile spawn point. When an Envoy dies, it is teleported to a jail, where it can no longer receive reinforcements. A team can rescue their team member's Envoys from jail by destroying the enemy house.

From the maker of many other scenarios, including "Gatling Wars", "Consulate Wars", and others.

Game Settings
- Play in Discovery or Fortress. Post-Imperial or Post-Industrial is NOT recommended.
- Play any 3v3 configuration (doesn't require top vs bottom)
- What civilization you select should not affect the game in any way (unless you're playing Post-Imp, which can be unbalanced).

FAQ
Q: What do I do with this file?
A: Put it in Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Scenario\

Q: How do I host this on ESO?
A: When hosting you game, change the gametype from "Supremacy" to "Scenario". Then, select "Envoy II (2.14)".

Q: Why doesn't this show up when I check "Show custom maps"?
A: It's a scenario, not a custom map. They are different.

Q: Can I play Envoy I?
A: No, it doesn't exist.

Q: Can I play this in Single Player?
A: No, the AI won't play.

Q: I can't find six players, can I do a 2v2?
A: Sure, just put make two AI on different teams.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The_TychoPsycho
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
(Very easy to pick up. Even a noob can beat a veteran. Offers a lot of strategy)

Balance: 5
(all the same units so balance is not an issue)

Creativity: 5
(a great a idea, so much better than the colleseums it can be associated with)

Map Design: 4
(some random natives for no real reason, cute walls)

Story/Instructions: 4
(no story but good instructions)

Additional Comments:
Download this guys, not some other game
useigor
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
I played on this map with you in ESO and i have to say that i really liked this map. For this reason i logined here and commented this map.
musketeer925
File Author
Thanks for the ratings! Glad you are enjoying my map. :) Stay posted for future updates, I have some improvement plans for it (though none that will make major gameplay changes).
killergm
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Another colosuem game type

Balance: 4
You would give a team bonus for killing units

Creativity: 4
Great

Map Design: 4
(Just remove natives than make something else like music etc.
killergm Plz check my files and rate them as soon as possible
musketeer925
File Author
Hi killergm!

Thanks for the review. I'd like to address some of your suggestions if you don't mind.

As for rewarding players for kills, I feel that winning is a sufficient award for killing enough of the enemy. From my experience with a previous scenario of mine, Gatling Wars, I feel that rewarding players for kills creates too much of a "snowball effect", wherein if a player gets a slight advantage at the beginning of the game, that slight advantage will "snowball", becoming larger and larger, making it impossible for the tide of the game to change violently, which makes the game fun for both the winning and losing teams. When winning after a snowball effect, players might find the game too easy, and therefore boring, and the losing team will experience the polar opposite, feeling cheated by the difficulty to catch up once losing.

May I ask why you would suggest removing the natives? I've added them for decoration so that the map is not a plain map that appears to be hacked together too quickly in the editor, as if I just plopped some units down and published it. They're present as eyecandy and give the map a completed feel. I don't think the natives take away anything from the scenario, while contributing to the completeness.

I will do my best to take a look at your scenarios as my limited free time permits.

[Edited on 02/24/14 @ 08:33 PM]

killergm Okay you can keep natives but you have to add something more interesting

I love your scenarios so much
And thx for recomment!

:-)
The_TychoPsycho Musk, in Gatling wasi think the only problem with the "snowball" effect was that the militia attack upgrade was too strong, and so the good players would get over double the attack of others.
If you took out the upgrade or maybe a weaker one (like the 8% attack boost from japanese isolation) i think it would be a lot more fair
musketeer925
File Author
Thanks tycho, I'll keep that in mind for the next time I update Gatling Wars.
killergm Hey musk. Would you make envoy III ?
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance4.7