Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Random Map Scripts » TAD Observer Map/UI: v1.6 (3rd August 2014)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

TAD Observer Map/UI: v1.6 (3rd August 2014)

Author File Description
Aizamk
File Details
Game Version: TAD
Screenshot:
Version 1.6 - 3rd August 2014

(Updated uimainnew.xml 21st August to fix China Banner Armies not displaying properly in the queue)

The map pool has been expanded to include Yukon and Yucatan.

The readme is still incomplete as of 7th August 2014. There's a lot of features to explain!

Additions from 1.5:

-Animated ageup progress bar
-Several bugfixes and visual changes to the UI
-Added two more resolution settings (use them in windowed mode!)
-Streamlined setup process. Now, you just need to select the resolution and updates will be automatically set to update fast, and the statistics area will appear.
-Press F1 to toggle on/off the options menu
-Added two more settings to resources: Improvement Total Cost (excludes ageup techs), and Units Lost Cost (applies to military units only. It recalculates every time you switch to this setting)
-Much of the text has been changed to use values from the stringtabley, to ease access of use in your native language

Other less known-features:
-Click in the top-right of a unit portrait to find it.
-An integrated death counter exists, which you need to enable in the config. Counts from the time you load up the Military/Economic unit tab in the advanced statistics.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: While the UI file for the most part is backwards compatible, there will be some minor problems if you try to use it with 1.5 maps.

<><><><><><><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><>

Please note that it is recommended that all observers have the UI file installed , but players 1 and 2 need only have the map.

As usual, the game will need to be set to FFA.

Send feedback to: aizamk@yahoo.com

A readme with more information is included in the download.

Installation instructions (TAD only!)

Firstly, make sure that you have an unmodded version of the game.
This is not made to be compatible with other UI modifications.

1) Place uimainnew.xml in Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires III/data
(NOTE: If you installed using Steam, then place the file in Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Age of Empires 3/bin/data)

2) Place the map files in My Documents/My Games/Age of Empires III/RM3. Note that other players can download these maps directly from you on ESO, as usual.

The ui file is not currently compatible with vanilla aoe3. To uninstall the UI, simply delete the uimainnew.xml file from the relevant directory above.
Also note that you may notice some differences when playing some scenarios (but not all).
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
SirKapor Please support screen resolution: 1600x900
Btw nice work! GJ!
Aizamk
File Author
Thanks for downloading the file. Unfortunately, since my monitor does not support that resolution, I cannot actually help configure it for you. However, I am in the process of developing a public 'test' version which would support custom configurations- you would not have to reconfigure the UI every time you start it up.

(I'm assuming you know how to configure the UI in-game.)

As you have been the only person to comment, I'll be giving you the privilege of deciding- which map would you like the test version to be made for?

[Edited on 08/12/14 @ 10:21 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:726
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:474.84 KB