Cheats Allowed: No
Total Game Time: 1:05
Player 1's Name: [hope]Qazitory
Player 2's Name: [hope]Sullage
Player 3's Name: [KoR]TeMe
Player 4's Name: mRcheese
Player 5's Name: Cocoa_
Player 6's Name: [_RfS_]NanoX
A very nice game with crazy and risky strategies, excitement for a full hour with all players being 2k+ overall on cuetech.
German+Portuguese+Spanish vs. 3xPortuguese on Pampas, over 5000 units killed in total. Easily one of the best team games I've been to in AoE3, a very good game.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Achaean Lionness
Rating
Rating: 5

Superb indeed!
Well worth a viewing for anyone looking for a good war to watch.

Consists mainly of large scale direct frontal assaults – nearly the entire war by the Portuguese, first against the Germans on their right front, then on the center (middle Spaniards), whose inertia swept the fighting to the far left: all in direct frontal, massive assaults fought with genuine ferocity (on all sides).

Watching it, and a look at the stats post-bellum, show that Sullage (Spanish) clearly dominated the bulk of the fighting – however un-certain the results for a very-long while.
The one thing I could & cannot really grasp is why Sullage kept producing Culverins rather than field pieces (or better yet, Imperial field pieces); had he done so, his tally for kills at the end would probably have had another 500+ …
The culverins he produced were impressively brought up to the front all right – but I was unable to see any good effect from their being there. It struck me rather as a lot of wasted resources and effort to even Get them there.
That said – Sullage’s performance is hardly reproachable. He carried the day in a big way.
His constant flood of infantry and horse (primarily Dragoons) decided the outcome (IMO) – without them and his intensely focused efforts, I believe the other side would have won.

The critical turning point and decisive strike was masterful in its simplicity and timing.
I won’t give it away here for those who’d like to see it and enjoy the ‘surprise’ of this element (tho’ it’s somewhat predictable).

For recorded large scale, all out, no-quarter asked-or-granted warfare in AoE III, this is without question one of the two finest I’ve yet seen.

A fellow Commander’s salute to all who fought in this one. Victory would have been the just desert to whomever it went.
For intensity of focus and grasp of the over-all situation strategic and tactical, in my opinion – victory ultimately & Justly came to Sullage and those allies who fought beside him.

This gets five stars from me without a moments pause.
Thanks for sharing it …

Best to each & all –

~ Lionness

[Edited on 04/04/06 @ 01:03 PM]

Holoferno I never saw turnover like this. Fantastic! I would surrender after 15 min. Btw, war wagons sucks against everything except hand cavalry. But ferocity, fighting on two fronts (divide and conquer and excellent timing saved the day.

Really, really great game!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:3,299
Favorites: [Who?]0