Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Random Map Scripts » TAD Observer Map/UI: v1.7 (12th September 2014)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

TAD Observer Map/UI: v1.7 (12th September 2014)

Author File Description
Aizamk
File Details
Game Version: TAD
Observer UI Version 1.7 - 12th September 2014

Installation instructions (TAD only!)

(I'm experimenting with various things in this version, so it uses an installer/UI modding program now.)

1) Extract all files to your Desktop. Or wherever.
2) Run TAD Observer UI Installer.exe
3) Hopefully you can figure it out from there. Taunt 21
4) If you can't figure it out, then in most cases, all you need to do is a) select your Game Resolution ('other' and refer to the Appendix in the readme if your resolution is not one of the 6 available) b) click on 'Install' c) you're done.

DISCLAIMER: While I've tried my best to make this program as user-friendly as I could, I take no responsibility for anything that may happen as a result of you installing this.

If there are any problems you can contact me via email (see readme) and I will try and sort it out.

The ui file is not currently compatible with vanilla aoe3. To uninstall the UI, simply run the installer and click on the 'Uninstall UI' button.

Also note that you may notice some differences when playing some scenarios (but not all).

Please note that it is recommended that all observers have the UI file installed , but players 1 and 2 need only have the map.

As usual, the game will need to be set to FFA.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Aizamk
File Author
I forgot to mention this in the map credits, but with 1.7, the ability for the map to have some kind of support for custom resolutions (and in the process auto-loading settings) was partly due to musketeer925's suggestion of using the saveCamera() function to store the constants. So it's thanks to him that you aren't stuck with some lousy method which takes ages to save :P

I notice that people hardly ever comment on my works, so I'll take it as a sign that things are working fine. 1.7 is still very much a test of various things, so I do appreciate feedback.

As term has just started for me though, it may take a while for any suggestions to be incorporated.
robin_jaaan oh nice.. thank you for, most advanced UI map ever made with Installation/Uninstallation.

is it possible to have 1280*1024?
Aizamk
File Author
Hi robin,
This map does support custom resolutions, but you have to do the configuring yourself.

When installing (or even if you have already installed, then reinstall), select the 'Other' resolution option. Start up one of the 1.7 maps as an observer. Then when the menu pops up, click on the button which says 'customize'. Try click on the button which says '1', then click on '+10'. This shifts the position of player 1's population by 10 spaces to the right. Keep doing this until everything is in position (look at the readme for more info on what number is what).

Once done, click on 'save'. Run the installer (but don't click on install). Then click on 'Install Most Recent'.

Your resolution will now load automatically.

Hopefully I can get a video about this done at some point.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,197
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:645.81 KB
Added:08/02/14