Single Player Scenarios » Makhikoi Episode 3 - Aztecs and Natives Coastal Clash

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Makhikoi Episode 3 - Aztecs and Natives Coastal Clash

Author File Description
renai
File Details
Game Version: AoE3+TWC
Screenshot:
In this third scenario, Makhikoi is a War Chiefs to the Aztecs. This is a risk-free, calm scenario where your area are separated by a sea to the enemies. The question is how fast can you build up army to attack three European camps across the ocean. In your area, all nineteen Native American Tribes are present. You should build up all Nineteen Native settlements to be able to use their units and technologies. The three enemies will wait for you with their slowly-growing armies, so you'll need extra units from the Native Tribes.

As with my previous scenario, this map is to enjoy the NAT units. This scenario has been designed to motivated player 1 to build all 19 trading post / settlements. When you build trading post , you'll received various rewards.

How to Win:
- Defeat all enemies

Playing Level Recommended :
Expert. You will never die in this custom scenario.

If you want to change the playing level goto Scenario Editor, menu Scenario > Playtest Scenario > set player to 1 and set your desired playing level. Press CANCEL and then save the scenario.

Single Player Home City Deck:
- Copy attached file "HomecityX_Makhikoi3.xml" to folder "..\Age of Empires III - Complete Collection\bin\Campaign\War Chief". This is default folder that contained all homecity for Warchief Expansion Campaign. This folder location can be varied depends on where you install your Age of Empires III files.

SCENARIO DESIGN BACKGROUND
Initially, I was trying to design a scenario in the style of "Bunker's Hill", where Player 1 surrounded and must survive the attack of enemies. Until halfway I realized the standard AI uncapable to handle a water map and will never crossed their military. I since then altered the whole concept and made it into this scenario. I will use the initial concept for the next episode (it will be episode 5...because episode 4 will be another type of concept). So, this is kind of in-between scenario, a bonus scenario where Player 1 will only accounted on how fast he can finished the map. It will be interesting if you change the AI to be able to cross the water, then it will be a different game!

All details are attached in the ZIP files. Enjoy and please wait for the 4th Makhikoi Adventures!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
murdilator
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 4
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 4
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments:

Makhikoi joins again!

Great Map and wonderful decks. The player receives two options, Coyote Runners and Arrow Knights, or Macehualtins and Coyote Runners. Each deck is promising, with land villagers and sea cards to improve the gameplay.

Not sure if Renal has seen Chomps, but that is my contribution to the deck choices on here.

Again a solid 4.4!
renai
File Author
Thank for keep playing Makhikoi adventures! I'm not sure what do you mean in your last comment but I glad you enjoy this scenario.

cheers, the next adventure is coming!
renai
File Author
I posted my video for this scenario, it done in 2018 but I just happened to uploaded it today on 2024.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwbE5MqAic

this is not the best play but rather I build all the 19 NATs. Just to enjoy having all of them.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0