Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Cinematic - Death by Natives

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Cinematic - Death by Natives

Author File Description
annihilator2000 Experience the story of two survivors who having recently begun a colony in the world were attacked by the natives. Their colony in ruins, they set out to find out why the natives attacked and to get revenge. But things may be different then they appear...

This 15-minute cinematic was my entry to the unfortunately unsuccessfull Liquid Cinema Contest. It is also the first cinematic that I have released.

So what are you waiting for? Go watch it!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
AoMmaster2004 Haven't watched yet but dude... The Natives wouldn't just attack 2 random ppl. Were they like Kings or something?
annihilator2000
File Author
Sry I worded that sentence kind of strangely. Their colony was attacked, they are survivors.
I agree, attacking two random people would be strange.
nothingtou AoMmaster2

What is up with you? Somethings are there cause they wannabe. Stop yelling at everypne, i'd like to see u try at make sometihng 1/2 decent!
mercenary11 hm I can't get your scenario to load. It says scenario failed to load. Any suggestions?
annihilator2000
File Author
Make sure you have the latest patch, it did that to me once when I tried on my laptop which was a few patches behind. Or maybe some mod could have done it, since that could cause the same kind of problem. Hope that helps.
twoqtimes2
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
(I made some of these comments in the LFS Competition thread, and I thought I would include them here. All of the camera tracks ran very smoothly and there were no bugs that I experienced all three times I watched the movie. Overall, a very entertaing cinematic.)

Balance: 4
(While the camera tracks all ran very smoothly, there were some that did not make much sense to me. One, in particular, was the beggining of the ship voyage. The camera seemed to spend a lot of time at the hull for no apparent reason. All the triggers worked without fail, and they were in sync for the most part. Very artistic "movie" like camera direction. Some of the conversations were long, but the way you handled the camera during this held me captivated.)

Creativity: 5
(I think that I covered some of this already when I was speaking of the camera direction. The trigger work was superb. The canyon scene going to the cheiftan was brilliant.)

Map Design: 5
(The map was excellent in my humble opinion. Lots and lots of embellishment. The terrain felt very natural with many elevations. The cliff scene was a neat little trick. The way you had the jungle embellishments covering the lower area really made you feel like you were over the treetops of a forest. The tower scene was spectacular. I only wished that this cine was voice acted. I hated to take my eyes away from the screen to read. Very good job.)

Story/Instructions: 4
(The story was a good one. I was entertained through the entire cine. Dialogue was pretty good. I really don't know why, but the ending was anti climactic for me.)

Additional Comments:
Overall, an excellent cinematic. I would recomend to anyone that they download this and study some of your procedures. This is a classic example of how to create many scenes whithin one large map. There is much to learn from you. I also think that you a very talented director.
Burgin Hi all, how do i watch it?
annihilator2000
File Author
Unzip it and put it in My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Scenario like you would with any other scenario, and then go into aoe3, go to load scenario like you would with any other, and load it. Then it will play the movie.
jml Beautiful piece! The best AoE3 movie I saw so far. If I'm ever dumb enough to try something with this... AoE3 editor, it's gonna be also because of this movie.
They're even hand to hand... at the end!
annihilator2000
File Author
Glad you liked it :)
And inspiring you to scenario design is even more important - this AoE3 editor has so much potential that has not yet been used, even with all the bugs.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance4.7