Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Random Map Scripts » No Rush Mapset (v2.0)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

No Rush Mapset (v2.0)

Author File Description
schildpad These are standard ES maps with the addition of an invisible wall in the center. The wall blocks both ships and land units, dividing the two teams or players. In addition, all enemies will be set neutral to each other and fighting is therefore impossible.
When the timer ends (the number displayed in the map name), the invisible wall will be removed and diplomacies reset, allowing fighting and regular gameplay.
These maps basically provide perfect No-Rush gameplay.

Eventually all maps will be added, but it takes time. Each newly finished map will be released as soon as possible

This file includes:
Carolina
Carolina Large
Great Plains
Great Plains Large
Texas
Texas Large
Yukon

with timers:

Made by Furby_killer (aka schildpad) and pftq
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Detail/Accuracy5.0
Rating: 5+
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:

Amazing solution to No Rush games.
It even works for water maps.

This invisible wall works perfectly and there is no delay when the timer expires.

Furby_killer and pftq,

Your No Rush maps are outstanding and perfect.

Now it is up to Ensemble to complete what the two of you have started.

No Rush maps should give players XP and maybe even a separate rating, and only Ensemble can do that.

Many No Rush players would be very happy when this solution is officially implemented.
Until then everybosy should try these maps, there are fun.

[Edited on 06/29/06 @ 12:17 PM]

raul_ponce can u play this on ESO??

its a really good idea
pftq Yea RMs are for online play.
Midd
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Detail/Accuracy5.0
Rating: 5

Perfectly done! The original map was great, but with the changes of v2.0 it's even better.

The original NR-Wall map gave a bit of lag when playing with several players when the wall was being destroyed. With a 3v3 game last night, there was Zero lag when the timer was up!

All resources and natives are nicely balanced, as bonus you not only have a several different map styles but in large and normal sizes.

Additional Comments:

Furby and pftq, well done job guys! You can't ask much more for a better no rush set! I really enjoyed the fact that there was no actual wall set up, the lag being produced in the previous map when the wall came down rather served as a warning of when the time was up.

Which isn't too much of a big deal, but no warnings is nice too since it gives the players the advantage of sneaking around the edges.

To the downloaders: Explore your map!! I've seen a lot of online players that didn't explore the edges of maps enough and have full armies sneak up on them.

The maps are a must have for any AOE3 player!

---------------------------------------

Can't wait to see what you guys do next! Thanks again for the great maps.

Cheers, Midd.

[Edited on 07/01/06 @ 02:35 PM]

schildpad
File Author
If anyone wants a map to be made available as NR map please post it here, then i do it :)
MosheLevi
Staff
Official Reviewer
I have an idea for a new map.

Take the Caribbian map, add a narrow corridor at the edge of one side of the map that connects the two main islands, and then make it a NR map.

If you can, then add a lot more fish to the water to allow for water boom strategy.

[Edited on 07/02/06 @ 01:35 PM]

HunterKiller24
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Detail/Accuracy5.0
Rating: 5
Very nice, i really like the invisible wall, and i think it's the best way for anti-rushing.

archemedes if you could make it for "unknown" that would be great. Since it is randomly generated and different each time - it would have the best of both worlds.
Emperor713 Hi, i was wandering, is there a chance that the map named rockies could be made into a No Rush Map with a Wall, it would really help if it could, and would u be able to add a 60 minute timer, because we usually play a No Rush 60 minute game, if so, then thank you very much.Emperor713Emperor713Age Of Empires 3 user.Thanx once again

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0