Recent Updates

Utilities » GeniEd2

Download File Post Review Post Comment

GeniEd2

Author File Description
Ykkrosh
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
GeniEd2 provides a quick and straightforward way to edit the unit stats from AoK:TC's empires2_x1.dat and empires2_x1_p1.dat. You can alter almost everything from hitpoints and movement speed to projectiles and construction costs. More information is available here.

Updated Version 1.0a 09/28/05

Additional features and a full guide on how to use this program are available here

Note: GeniED2 Enhanced Version is available Here
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
MZ
(id: Magnum Zero)
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
This is a truly awesome and powerful program! You can place BETA objects in the editor just like normal units by unlocking them! You can place them with triggers too. (Invisible cliffs make great ingame inserted barriers.)
There are also some cool tricks that this can do, like change almost every stat a unit has (Garrison capacity, range, speed, LOS)
This is a truly great creation and utility!
A solid 5.0!

(Keep your eyes out for a guide for this by Sgt. Slaughter and I soon to come, it goes into detail what all the BETA units are and their uses.)
AOC Freako
(id: aoc_freako)
Only 137 downloads? There should be more.
BIHSting Well, I think it's because they all just used the link in the forums...
zyxomma100
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
GeniEd2, by Ykkrosh, is a Utility that allows the designer to edit unit stats, including range, LOS, ROF, HP, and more.

Let me begin by saying this is an amazing utility. It offers near complete control of units, including what kind of projectile they fire (make an Archer shoot a Scorpion bolt), how that look (make a King look like a Knight), or how fast they can move. The only downside is that it will add an extra MB to your download if you use it, because you'll have to include the edited .dat file.

However, GeniEd also allows you to unhide units from the editor, meaning that you can now place COBRAs, VDMLs, Piles of Stone, smoke (!), and much more, all without using a template. Much better, you can now create these units during a game, allowing for much better variety in your scenario. What's more, simply unhiding units doesn't require you to add the MB to your download.

Overall: 5
In short, GeniEd is a near-essential download for any essential scenario designer. Download it now!
Chaos_Eric
(id: Chaos Eric)
Omg! I like this, how did you make this? I thoght it was very very very very hard, now I know it's just very hard(I think)
katu21 This is the tool that I wanted. Sorry, must go to download.

[Edited on 04/14/05 @ 09:13 AM]

Alpha_Particle Is there a similar program to change the unit Stats for Age of Kings?
FishKnight
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5
This was amazing! You change a units hitpoints, LOS, thier speed, range, and even thier projectile picture(fireship fire, flaming arrow, arrow...)! Imagine a "fire-breathing" huskarl...

Additional Comments:
I think everyone should download this.
p_o_d4ever i can't download this file!!!!!!!!
MrNecromancy This is by far the greatest thing ver invented since cotton candy or Aok itself!

[Edited on 07/03/05 @ 03:19 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0