Download File Post Review Post Comment

HSC African Lamentation

Author File Description
Rat del desierto
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
Screenshot:
This is my entry for the HSC contest.It's about the great warrior Queen Ana de Sousa Nzinga. I, as usual hehe, forgot about the contest and have to run to finish it. But I hope you like and if you find anything that needs fixing please tell me. Good luck. I leave you now with a little history:

Nzinga Mbande also known as Ana de Sousa Nzinga Mbande (c. 1583 - December 17, 1663) was a 17th Century queen (muchino a muhatu) of the Ndongo and Matamba Kingdoms of the Mbundu people in southwestern Africa.

Nzinga was born to Ngola Kiluanji and Kangela in 1581, 1582 or 1583. According to tradition, she was named Nzinga because her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck (the Kimbundu verb kujinga means to twist or turn). It was said to be an indication that the person who had this characteristic would be proud and haughty. According to her recollections later in life, she was greatly favoured by her father, who allowed her to witness as he governed his kingdom, and who carried her with him to war. She also had a brother, Ngola Mbandi and two sisters Kifunji and Mukambu. She lived during a period when the Atlantic slave trade and the consolidation of power by the Portuguese in the region were growing rapidly.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
It's an okay scenario, bit boring. I played upto the part after destroying the castles. It's quite easy actually, you just have to lure enemies out and then pick off the buildings with the cannons. Map is a bit messed up, with lots of random flowers and such, the commercial outpost and the fair were also really messy. The AI didn't seem to work ( gave .per file not found or something ).
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
I am rather enjoying playing this file, I've just taken the capital and am preparing to take another Portuguese castle. However, there are many inconsistencies within the game itself. Much of the text goes by too quickly, and instructions (such as objectives) are rather poor. Most of the time the player is forced to retrace past chat messages in order to know what he is doing, and even then I sometimes feel left in the dark. Still, after an update I feel this would be even better, which I hope you will get onto once the contest is over. Until then, good luck!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:286
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:35.14 MB
Added:11/15/09