Single Player Scenarios » MGC09 - Where Am I

Download File Post Review Post Comment

MGC09 - Where Am I

Author File Description
Dtrungle
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Puzzle
Have fun with this pure puzzle scenario. There should be no concrete bugs as I've had two other playtesters finish it. Good luck.

Update December 25/09.
-Removed the flooded gate ends. (Checked it myself)
-I saved and loaded a couple of times and it didn't crash so I believe that it is fixed.
-Changed the opening instructions.

Update December 16/09.
-I polished the ending and removed the flooded gate ends. The crash still occurs though.
-Added credit for AI.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Julius999
Official Reviewer
You may find that the crash problem is cured by deleting all the superfluous gate-ends.

EDIT: You still have flooded gate ends. Aside from that, nothing happens after I meet Joan the Maid.

[Edited on 12/20/09 @ 05:49 PM]

Guthan While I was playtesting for Dtrungle I had that problem as well. Solution: start all over.
Dtrungle
Official Reviewer
File Author
How strange, I removed the gate ends in the editor but somehow it reproduced itself, creating more. I'll fix it up using TS.

About the idle part, Guthan mentioned this. Haroth and myself never encountered it. (I tested this scenario well over 20 times.) Anyways, Guthan got it to work again by loading a save and trying again. If you know the cause of this let me know.

I will update this soon. There will be another change log.

EDIT: Updated. So... Guthan had to restart the whole thing? That's no good. I don't know the cause of it. You guys need to be more clear about what you did and what you saw and what happened.

[Edited on 12/26/09 @ 12:49 AM]

ColdCanuck
(id: Coldviper)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 5
I enjoyed alot of your puzzles but I think that you might have improved with how one finds out the puzzles.

Maybe it's just me but I don't like Age of empires puzzles where you do your thinking *outside* of the game. As in the first puzzle. The second I loved because of the fact that it was a in game hint. Other than that It would have been cool to have the hints more *in* game instead of the hints sectio

Balance: 3
I found the game balance...*alright*. I think puzzles are the hardest type of game to get good balance with because if you go to easy it's boring but if you go to hard it's boring cuz you just have to use the hints. I personally found half of them too hard.

Creativity: 5
What can I say? It was amazingly creative. I would have been hard pressed to come up with half the stuff. I can come up with stuff I just have trouble creating it ;)

Map Design: 4
It's tough to have good map design on a small map and a puzzle map. Good job.

Story/Instructions: 2
This was the only category I really found lacking. Sure it was adequate....but not that exciting. For me the best part of the scenario is the story. I can play A horrible scenario if it has a awesome story It was a good put together story but it would have been better if you made finding your way out more significant. For example....You might have made the lack of knowing where you were to expand on the story.

Additional Comments:

I loved it. Hope you make more scenarios in general. :)

[Edited on 01/12/10 @ 05:52 PM]

Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
A good puzzler, you might very well reach the top three in the contest with this! It has its annoying parts though, like how the scorpion refuses to walk into the corners and you have to chase it around for much too long, but overall it's entertaining.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0