Utilities » Single Tile Elevated above others

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Single Tile Elevated above others

Author File Description
Green_Turtle
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:

I was using Trigger Studio and I tried to elevate some stuff in the middle of the map to make water hills, but miserably failed, and instead eb\nded up with this neat but weird glitch. It is a single tile elevated to 8 above all the rest of the tiles, alone by it's self, floating... If you map copy it, it will ruin it. So map copying doesn't work. I suppose it's a nifty way to make stuff float or appear to be out of bounds. Enjoy!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Julius999
Official Reviewer
This has been seen before. It's a nice little trick, but is a bit unstable and sometimes crashes.
Findig A very interesting discovery. And: Mapcopy with AOKTS works! You can copy it to any place of a map and get your "floating tile" and a black one on the ground.
I think, a lot of new tricks could be done with this tile. Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: But, as Julius999 said, it crashes very often. One should try out, in wich cases it does'nt ...

[Edited on 12/25/09 @ 07:18 AM]

YoshiX100000 With all due respect, this seems a little small to be a whole file in the Blacksmith. Not to diss your trick, I've never seen it before. Why don't you come on down to the forums and share this with us, as there's plenty of people who would love to see this?
Green_Turtle
File Author
Sorry, I didn't know where to post it, I'll post in the forums later.
TheLaughingMule Green Turtle, thank you for posting your idea to the Blacksmith. Please come to the AoKH Scenario Design and Modding Forum to share your discovery with other designers.
Green_Turtle
File Author
OK, I have posted it here:
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=39450&st=0#post0

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:197
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:698.00 Bytes
Added:12/23/09