Mod Packs » Danish Halberdier

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Danish Halberdier

Author File Description
Courtjester1
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
This unit was requested by fr steve for his Eastern European mod. It is meant to be a Danish Halberdier, but he could serve many other roles. Personally I think he looks kind of Spanish. You can use him in any mod/scenario you want, just so long as you give me proper credit.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Possidon
Official Reviewer
looks good I'm downloading it now

Edit: BTW What do I do with SLPs?

[Note: Please use the edit button to avoid double posting - Blacksmith Staff]

[Edited on 02/27/10 @ 11:39 PM]

fr steve
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
NOVELTY: A unit, created by a player and not by ES, which is rare. The unit is wonderful and original.

QUALITY: No doubt, it's wonderful. There's a great work and that's right, Poser is very useful to create units. The unit is a little bit different from AOK units but is ever great.

INSTRUCTIONS: It's a unit, an halberdier, a Danish unit, which can be used for everything and which only need credit if used. What can you add more? Instructions are sufficient.

USEFULNESS: A unit, so it can be used for everything. Also, it could be used to replace a unique infantry unit, like jaguar warrior like I'll do it for my mod. Because it was designed in first for it, it's normal that I find it useful. But I must admit that it's not easy to replace a unit because Danish don't exist. Moreover, there's no number for slp's so another gamer couldn't know how to place it. But it's free to use.

Consequently, this unit is very beautiful, realistic and useful. For my mod, it's great, for another, there's choice, especially a unique unit. So Courtjester, thanks again for your work. You're an artist and've done a good work. 4.5
Popeychops
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5
This is an excellent graphical mod: something which takes an immense amount of work as every frame needs to be edited.
The Halberdier looks as he should: firstly he looks human, secondly he looks European and lastly looks like an Elite Unit, as he should be.
With the new install script this unit is flawless, being in the correct SLP slots it moves and attacks with a smooth manner. It is a highly realistic halberdier wearing late armor, however when I imported him he appeared to die with a champion graphic. This however was only for a single frame, and I would imagine is very difficult to correct.
This mod is to a very high quality and has been tailored to a request for a larger mod. As it stands: if only I didn't have to use a .akx whenever I wanted it!
The only real drawback I can find is not of the creator's making: It is down to the method of modpacks.

I will certainly consider using and bundling this mod with my own creations. Its simply so much nicer than the ES halberdier.

[Edited on 02/28/10 @ 08:31 AM]

Courtjester1
File Author
I updated the file, adding an icon for the unit and an install script.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Rating: 4.5
The Danish Halberdier by Courtjester1 is a great little unit. It looks really good. It has good graphics. It looks cool when it moves and fights. There are also several ways to install it. The first and easiest way is by using the MPS Install Script which replaces the champion, secondly you can use the .dat file which will make the unit not replace anything, and you can also use the SLP graphics so you can choose which unit the Halberdier replaces. The unit also comes with are great custom Icon which makes the unit a lot better. Unfortunately when the unit dies the graphics go back to those of a champion and makes it look odd. Apart from that it’s a great little mod.

Possidon
Courtjester1
File Author
Thankyou fr steve, Popeychops, and Possidon for your constructive and kind reviews. Any troubles with the dying graphic would be due to the number of frames in the slp not matching with the champion's. Using AGE, this problem can be solved quite easily. Alternatively, I included a data file that makes the slp workable in AoK.
xXSpecialsoulXx Well you know i love your works and i have been testing your units , and i like your style , the original style of Age of empires (Except for Swiss Pikeman)

I love the animation, its very real, and the excat frames needed to show a real Fight!

Now , I notice you, iam goint to use your unit in my mod, But you took the credits ;D

I am learning how to make units in 3Ds MAX and POSER.

[Edited on 04/05/10 @ 07:29 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.7
Quality/Instructions4.7