Mod Packs » Italian Mercenary

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Italian Mercenary

Author File Description
Courtjester1
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
This unit was requested by Kor for his mod "Age of Chivalry". He is meant to be an Italian Mercenary, but he is standard enough to be used for other roles. You can use him in any mod/scenario you want, just so long as you give me proper credit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Stroke Another excellent try.
Deserves a perfect 5.0
Be ready for a review soon.
RKDG7th OMG thats a suberb looking unit when will the new version come? and what does the merc replace?
Courtjester1
File Author
This mercenary replaces the Samurai in AoK, but you can use the slp's to replace any other unit you want. In Age of Chivalry he is going to be a new unique unit for Bavaria I believe.
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
Excellent mod. Nearly as good as ES graphics. 5 from me, though I don't have time to write a review atm.
Courtjester1
File Author
Thankyou Sword_of_STORM, that means a lot coming from a modder like you.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5
Italian mercenary is probably Courtjester1’s best Mod Pack yet. It has some great graphics made on Poser: from attacking to dying and moving to standing still. The graphics also blend into the rest of the old units very well. The mercenary is a unique unit that will look good in many different scenarios. Unit Modding is quite rare these days and you don’t usually see ones as good as this. Courtjester1 has not only created a whole new unique unit with good graphics but also created a new unit that feels like it has always been there.

There are two ways of installing this mod. The first and easiest is the MPS Install Script which makes the mercenary replace the samurai. The install script is the easy and quick way of installing the mod and is good for newbies. The second way is to use the SLP graphics and choose which soldier you would like to replace. This way is a bit harder and takes more time but it means you get to choose which unit you are replacing.

Along with the great graphics and great installation devices is the beautifully made icon that Courtjester1 as implemented into the mod. It fits in really well with the unit and adds a big impact into the unit and adds a bigger effect.

Additional Comments:
A great new and unique unit that has many uses and also blends in extremely well with the rest of the game. A great Mod Pack. Courtjester1 has done it again!

Possidon
Linkiejj The Samurai? Thats (for me) a crucial unit. But thanks I can replace another unit for it.
I'll be downloading it.
nato254 I would really like this unit in-game, but I do not want it to replace the samurai. Where do I put the slp?
Courtjester1
File Author
There should be a guide on it in the Mod Pack Guidance Center in the Scenario Design and Modding Forums. If the unit you want to replace has a different number of frames for some slp's, then you'll have to use AGE.

EDIT:

Thankyou for the review Possidon, I appreciate the support.

[Edited on 03/20/10 @ 05:16 PM]

Possidon
Official Reviewer
Not a problem It's probably your best unit yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0