Download File Post Review Post Comment

TTC - The Bay of Beran

Author File Description
Julius999
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
The Bay of Beran

The area around the Bay of Beran is noted for its varied climate and scenery, which is the result of the complex weather systems rolling in off the ocean. To the West warm air from the tropics has parched the land of its life and there is a rolling desert, while to the East cold winds bring snow with them, and between the two there is a belt of fertile fields of green and pleasant woods. Then to the North the White Mountains tower into the sky, where high in the peaks glaciers feed rivers that wind their way along the long journey to the sea.

~ ~ ~

This file has no gameplay or story and was created for the "Totally Terrain" Contest hosted by Tanks_fst and therefore its only purpose is to look pretty.

~ ~ ~

Should anyone like to borrow any aspect of this file and use it in their own work, they are entirely free to do so. The same goes if anyone would like to use the map as a whole as a template.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
This is a remarkable piece of design. The map as a whole is very creative, with many notable details, and actually feels like a living, "breathing" world. Great work, you are an old hand at designing. *thumbs up*
Findig A very good map! And a nice trick with the haystacks. I never saw this before.
RON PAUL 2016
(id: Turty)
I wasn't a fan of the desert, but the rest of the map makes up for it. Well done, as usual.
Fattybryce Nice. I particully liked the haystacks under the TC (the one with the removed middle building bit so only the 'L' bits were left.), thought that looked good.
Also the 'trade caravan' (is that what it is?) with the camels in the desert was a nice touch.
Overall, very nice. Good varity as well, with desert, snow, 'europeon'(?), which I think will be an advantage over people who only choice one theme.
BunkerGateSeven I laughed a couple of times...great work mate!
I wish I knew about that comp earlier!

Really beautiful...and actually cute ahha!
Mash
Staff
Official Reviewer
The contest is open until August 21st. ;-)
Francis de Talking France
(id: Watson)
Excellent.

[Edited on 08/02/11 @ 11:23 AM]

Possidon
Official Reviewer
Looking at I no I have no chance of getting close to winning. Anyway I will still try and submit my entry.
Mash
Staff
Official Reviewer
I was actually just pondering over the map and noticed for the first time the woman "feeding the turkeys". Very cool!
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
*** This scenario received the award “Best Map Design” in the Game of the Year Awards of 2010 ***

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,40166,,all
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:1,056