Mod Packs » Teutonic Knights Mod

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Teutonic Knights Mod

Author File Description
Courtjester1
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
This file contains the slp's for the Ritterbruder and the Halbbruder. They are completely new graphics designed in a 3D program called Poser. If you like them, feel free to use them for whatever you want, just give me proper credit.

Note: It may seem weird that I have replaced the Jaguar Warrior with the Halbbruder, but I did this because his frame numbers match up. Besides the MPS install script is really only meant to show off the new units; you can replace whatever units you want with the slp's given.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Look god Courtjester. Probably your best so far. I will try and review tonight.
Kor
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5
In my review of Courtjester1's Swiss Pikeman, I lamented the lack of high quality units available in the Blacksmith, and applauded Courtjester's creation as a welcome breath of fresh air. He has since continued his good work, and released the Italian Mercenary and now this Teutonic Knights Mod, featuring two Teutonic units - a Ritterbruder or Brother Knight on horseback and a Halbbruder or Half brother on foot. Courtjester is still at the top of his game, there's little to say about this. The two units are well made and fit in with other AoK units both in appearance and size (and also in terms of setting, of course). Instructions are straight forward: there's once again a set of clearly labelled .slps for mod creators to use, and an .akx file to allow everyone with MPS to see it in action without going through the trouble of importing it themselves. A readme file gives some additional information on the number of frames per .slp, to make it easier for mod packers. Separate unit icons are included in .bmp format. In other words, the presentation is fine and accessible to a wide audience.

Additional Comments:
Highly recommended unit mod with historically based units that fit in well with AoK.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5
These two new Teutonic Knight Units are most likely Courtjester1’s best units yet. There are two units, The Ritterbruder, a mounted horseback unit and the Halbbruder, a foot soldier. These two new units have extraordinary graphics which not only look professional but feel professional. The graphics blend into the AOK very well and should deserve to stay in there forever. These new Teutonic Knights will fit into many different scenarios and create a much bigger effect.

There are two ways of installing this mod. The first and easiest way is to use the Mod Pack Studio Install Script. This makes the Ritterbruder replace the Paladin and the Halbbruder replace the Jaguar Warrior. This way is easy and is best for newbies who are new to the game or new to using Mod Packs. The second way is to use the SLP graphics. Using these mean that you get to choose which unit you wish to replace. The graphics are harder to use but if you use them you don’t have to replace a unit that you really like.

Not only do the new units have outstanding graphics and great installation devices but they also have two completely new, custom icons. They are beautifully made and fit in really well with the unit and adds a big impact into the unit and adds a bigger effect.

Additional Comments:
A great new and unique unit that has many uses and also blends in extremely well with the rest of the game. A great Mod Pack. Courtjester1 has done it again!

Possidon
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Just wondering. Are these units going to be used in Age of Chivalry too?
Courtjester1
File Author
Yep, they're going to replace the previous graphics for the Ritterbruder and Halbbruder in Age of Chivalry.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Great I can't wait for the next update of Age of Chivalry.
Popeychops
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Rating: 4.5

The latest in Courtjester1's modded units, these two "Teutonic Knights" are both excellent graphics. They are both melee units, and can have their stats altered to whatever the designer desires.
The animations are flawless, working well for all orientations of the units. While this is the case, the colouring for the two units varies depending on the rotation, as some areas use a brighter shade of white than others. This is particularly prevalent on the ritter. This, combined with very sharp edges on the shield crosses made it look slightly rough, when it should feel much more professional, as there has obviously been a lot of effort put into these graphics.

The death graphic for the ritter was particularly spectacular. If I wasn't opposed to sadism I would have deleted a line of them again and again. Its just.. enticing. This is a fine mod by an excellent designer, and is worthy of being included in an epic project..
soulsalvager Hi,

Your mods are really awesome and i thank for everything you have posted here, but i will
most probably be making a scenario and i want to use all your poser-made units so can you make all these little mods into one big one

thx,
soulsalvager
Courtjester1
File Author
Okay sure, I can compile them together. Just give me your email address and I'll send it over. I may have to send you an edited data file as well to get all the units to work properly.
xXSpecialsoulXx OMG! this is fantastic :] this one of your best desings ^^! ... wonderfull..

Im noticed you im goint to use this Desing in a mod am making ;D ......TNX..
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.8
Quality/Instructions4.8