TTC - Kingdom of Asgarnia

Author File Description
Possidon
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
The Kingdom of Asgarnia

4th Place in the Totally Terrain Contest

This is my entry to the Totally Terrian Contest hosted by Tanks_fst. This scenario is made on a 50x50 map. It is an eye-candy scenario which means there is no fighting involved.

Follow the Path and see the beauty of Asgarnia

You will play as Frank and will have to follow the path and look at all the wonderful sights of Asgarnia. It is a bit like a free roam scenario becuase you can choose when to end the game and there are no objectives except look at the scenery, but you will ahve to follow a path. However you can go back to the beginning when you have reached the end.

Features
A beautful Map Design of Asgarnia
A Custom map Flag and Coat of Arms for Asgarnia
A Cave
A Sacred Village
A Mine
A Market Town
A sort of story/backround information
A Player Guide to Asgarnia - written by me, Possidon

Please Note: All characters and places are completly fictionous and are made for the purposes of the scenario.

Please Comment and Review!

Possidon
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Greo Unoriginal, (the name) I must say...

Ill check it out in a second.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
File Author
I was out of ideas for names. I had to use something cool so I choose this.
panel
Official Reviewer
Rating
Rating: 4
"Kingdom of Asgarnia" is a short non-playable scenario submitted by Possidon for the Totally Terrain Contest, finishing fourth in said competition.

First of all, the title of the scenario can be a little misleading, because the small village and the town that this small map contains cannot in all honesty count for a "kingdom". however, the map itself is not badly designed, and the little space that is available is generally put to good use.

Though there is nothing really impressive going on, the map design is at a decent level. I thought that some of the author's ideas were very interesting and could've been taken to a higher level (such as the strange rituals of the village people and the mine cave). The cave idea in particular could've used some more attention. i would've tried to make it so that the player can go in and out of the cave, both ways. One might argue that it would be useless since that part of the map was already seen before, but it would add to the interactivity of the scenario if one could go back and admire the countryside again, should he want to do that.

The main criticism for the map design is the many gaia outlines present on the map, from forage bushes and from stone mines. To take your design further you really need to look into small details like this. Also, the village and the town don't really look so good. It is obvious that they were supposed to be minimalist as far as their design goes, but you need to be careful not to turn that into negligence.

Additional Comments:

All in all this is a design that I would grade somewhere between 3.5 and 4, as it showcases a decent map design and ideas with lots of potential, but it doesn't go further than that. It did however leave me with a good impression so I will rate it 4, a recommended download for people new to map design looking for design ideas for their maps.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:743
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:37.91 KB