Popeychops
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Strategy
Number of players: 4-5
Screenshot:
The Seas of Egressa

Voted Multiplayer Scenario of 2010

This Role Play was designed by three Blackforest members: Guthan, Popeychops and Tanks_FST.
There are four main factions who seek to become the dominant power. Will you do it through military or economic might? Through trade? Cooperation? It is entirely your choice.
However, there also is a pirate faction, who may not be as friendly or noble as the other players...

- In-depth story and Rules included in game.
- Setup:
Player 1 -> Koreans
Player 2 -> Spanish
Player 3 -> Goths
Player 4 -> Mayans
Player 5 -> Byzantines
Starting Age -> Standard
Map Exploration -> Normal
Resources -> Standard
Victory -> Conquest
Population is set in the scenario files

There is a booter in game which constantly removes all of a players units, which can stop computer placeholders from lagging.
This can also be used to force an uncooperative player into resigning.

The Seas of Egressa was inspired by Serva RP

Update: 28/07/10
Fixed typos and included a market for all players.

Brought to you by Blackforest Studios!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Joshua4missions Just curious, are you supposed to play the game as a Standard Game then choose it under the scenario list or through the Map Editor.

joshua4missions :)
Popeychops
Official Reviewer
File Author
you're supposed to play this Multiplayer. You may have noticed the category.
Joshua4missions Okay, thanks Popeychops.

joshua4missions :)
Gpayne31 Nice work, guys. I uploaded mine, and downloaded this. I might host it sometime, looks pretty good, and the history ain't to bad eithier.
Popeychops
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thanks payne, I remember you once saying how your history went into detail about the rocks..
This is almost the character limit for both instructions and hints, its about as long as it can get :P
Possidon
Official Reviewer
I mi9ght try to host this later in the week. If I do expect a review.
Popeychops
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thanks very much, Possidon.
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
*** This scenario received the award “Best Multiplayer Scenario” in the Game of the Year Awards of 2010 ***

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,40166,,all
AOFERedsting I cannot believe anyone hasn't reviewed this masterpiece yet! No doubt my favorite MP scenario of all time, so I will try and stay biased here.

Playability: 5
This map is very, very fun to play with friends. If you haven't tried this one out already, you better do it soon because if you follow all the instructions, do what you are told and you RP, you will have an awesome multiplayer experience.

Balance: 4-
All the -normal- players are very well balanced. But, the pirate faction, can become one pain in the a**. Their nearly never-ending resources contribute to slow gameplay down drastically, as you're set back alot. Maybe someone thinks this is better, but I find it kind of annoying at some times.

Creativity: 4
The Seas of Egressa is a role playing multiplayer scenario where you take on the role as a leader of an Empire struggling over dominance of the area. You can develop diplomacies if you wish, but you can also annihilate your opponents. There's a Pirate faction added into the map, playable by a fifth player. This player's job is to make total chaos.
This sort of map has been done before, but it is very fun to play.

Map Design: 4+
This map is a beauty to look at. Although, you may encounter some, in-game difficulties with some parts of the editing(For example player 1's placement of starting lumbercamp + p1's mine). I kinda had this feeling that the player starting to the very right had a base which had a "rushed" feeling to it. The strongest part of the map was definitively parts of Player 1's base, and the areas split between Blue and Green to the north of Blue's base.

Story/Instructions: 4
Clear instructions, what rules to follow and what not to do. Instructions on how to play as pirate too. In my personal opinion you could've added a great deal of lore to it.

Additional Comments:
A must have for players who enjoy Multiplayer RP!

[Edited on 07/28/15 @ 02:34 PM]

Popeychops
Official Reviewer
File Author
I'm very glad you enjoyed our creation, however, I must comment that we provided as much backstory as the word-limit allowed. Also, we wanted to keep the introductions to a minimum, so did not trigger any text (which would be a pain to only read once).

Thank you for your review.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0