Download File Post Review Post Comment

Windows 7 Colour Fix for AoK:TC

Author File Description
Lord Basse
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
WINDOWS 7 COLOUR FIX FOR AOK:TC

If you have problems with Windows 7 messing up the colours in Age of Kings: The Conquerors, turning the grass neon sparkled and the water brown, this utility is the solution for you. This file contains a batch file which fixes the colour problems by exiting explorer.exe before the game starts, and automatically restarting it once you close AoK:TC.

Put the batch file, named "The Conquerors" in the 'age2_x1' folder in the main AoE2 folder on tyour harddrive. The file *has* to be put here or the effect will not come. You can then add a shortcut to the batch file onto your desktop, the Start menu, or wherever you want it.

When you want to play AoK:TC without the colour issues, open the batch shortcut or the original batch file, NOT the original shortcut, to start the game.

DOES THIS WORK ON VISTA TOO?
According to one chap who commented on it, yes it does!

LOLOL, WHY DID YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR SREEN WITH A CAMERA AND NOT "PRINT SCREEN"!?
Because pressing "print screen" gave me a screenshot with the correct colours, so to have an example of the wonky colours I had to use a camera. :P

Hope this can be of some help!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Possidon
Official Reviewer
If my brother has this on his PC (I have XP so I don't need) will it work Multiplayer? I think it should but I am just checking.
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
If you open this file and play multiplayer from there, then yes, it should work.
Joshua4missions LOL, I tried making a batch file myself but it didn't work for me. Fortunately I now use Win Xp so I've only seen the toxic grass once. :D

joshua4missions :)
illegitimate you could just use this:
http://voobly.com/forum/thread/5573

It auto starts up when you turn on your computer (you can turn that off too) and when it detects age it kills the explorer, then when it doesn't it starts it back up.
MixenDixon Nice work, though I'd planned to release my own fix. Still, good job.
John_G This solution works fine for me when I open it with the batch file.

But I have a question. When I launch a game on GameRanger it seem to open the common AoK:C start file and therefor the graphic problem remains. But is there a way to go around this problem with this batch file?
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0
Rating: 5
I have Windows 7 on one of my computers at home and playing Age of Kings on it is a nightmare due the funny mucked up colours. However this Utility by Lord Basse is a making my nightmare a beautiful dream come true.

The Window 7 Colour fix by Lord Basse is a batch files which fixes all the colour problems you get when you play Age of Kings on Windows 7. The utility is perfect because it fixes the problem and works perfectly. I have found no bugs on it or any other glitches. All in all this is a perfect utility.

Thanks Lord Basse for this fabulous fix!

Possidon
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thanks for the review Possidon! :)
EA8998 This worked with me but i think you dont need this. You should check this vid from youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jiTP8IDGaw Theres info how to fix "The Problem"
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
Any way that works is good! I tried the one in the video and it does indeed work, but I personally prefer this file, simply because I don't have to switch themes constantly to get it to work. But the video's way is more practical for anyone who can stand having the Windows Classic skin permanently. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions5.0