File Details
Screenshot:
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Genre: Comedy, adventure, action.
Rating: PG (Pure Genius)*
Runtime: 23 minutes
Written & Directed by: Lord Basse

STORY:
A beautiful princess is locked up in a far-away castle, and it's up to the Brave Knight In Shining Armour with as much personality as a piece of cardboard to save her. Does that premise sound familiar? I'm sure it does, it's the most classic and cliché fairytale imaginable.

This cinematic is that story. Except it's not. Five failed fairytale heroes set out to save the kidnapped princess, not so much out of care for the princess or a need for a noble quest, but because they want to become famous fairytale heroes. Only one will survive this perilous journey.

ABOUT THE SCENARIO:
This is a comedy, like most of what I do, and it's both a parody of and an homage to classic fairytales with damsels in distress, valiant knights without fear, awe-inspiring castles and lands and fear-striking dragons. If you have enjoyed any of my other humorous scenarios (Gwyndlegard, Jones Blond, Marvin and Rob, The Big Knights etc), you will most likely enjoy this.

This is also my entry to Mashek's AoKH Cinematic Scenario Contest of 2010, my fourth entry to the contest since 2006!

* shamelessly stolen from BJ :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Glad to see you get an entry in, Basse. Congratulations on your fourth entry. This is a witty piece with some laugh-out-loud moments and an even wittier soundtrack to compliment it.
Francis de Talking France
(id: Watson)
Downloading it right now. Quite a big file.

And oh, you spelt "Damsel" wrong(Dimsel) in the topic post.

[Edited on 01/02/11 @ 03:34 AM]

Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
Fixed. And thanks Mashek. :)
G omega I have never laugh like that since long! it's very good!
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D
bigboy37731 great one lord basse, I never enjoyed a cinematic so much as this one!
IvanChile I really like it. u are a genius!, i am not an expert but is the best i never see 5 points, but it has one mistake, in the end the name of Lance and the princess, u can use a invisible tile to correct it xD tks for that exelent material :)
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thanks Ivan! I'm glad you liked it! Yeah I was a bit lazy there and just created them with triggers, but then again I didn't expect people would actually click them all to see their names, so I hoped it would pass anyway. I could fix it quite quickly though I suppose! :P
Wallenstein1 I'm glad to see more work from you, my dear Basse. It is always top-notch. I have a feeling that I am going to enjoy watching this.

EDIT: Wow. Totally amazing. Most certainly worth the download. Good luck with the competition!

[Edited on 08/30/11 @ 02:20 PM]

Possidon
Official Reviewer
Finally got round to watching this. It's fantastic! Very funbny and I hope to review this once the contest has finished.

well done Basse. Hope this gets a great score.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Pacing5.0