Mod Packs » New spearmen v1.1

Download File Post Review Post Comment

New spearmen v1.1

Author File Description
Dave3377
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
Changes the spearman to a pikeman unit holding a spear and a round team colored shield.

Adds a knights kite-shaped shield to the pikeman and replaces his pike with a spear (the original pikemans pike is technically ahistorical given the other castle age untits attire).

Turns the Eagle Warrior into a barbarian spearman, which is simply a spearman with a husklars shield.

Nothing is password protected so use as you like.

Will be featured in upcoming Romanian campaign.

UPDATED: Corpses now have shields
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
I quite enjoy the changes you make here, and the new shields really look the part too. A useful mod pack and a thumbs up from me.
Dave3377
File Author
10 downloads in one day for an ancient game sweet. Can someone rate this.
TheLaughingMule You would have a better chance filling your request for a rating at the AoHK Scenario and Design Forum - this thread:
Review Requests, about Reviewing and Tutorials III
http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=39886&f=4,,0,20&st=120
Lanor @dave3377 i like the look of your soldiers if you will allow me i might have the pike man replace the pike men for my age of crusades mod or might use him for a unique unit.
i would also like it if you would make some unit graphics for me http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=st&fn=4&tn=40023&f=4,0,0,30&st=105 here's the link just post in the thread if you are interested
Dave3377
File Author
Go for it Lanor. I'm glad to hear you like my mod. And I'd be happy to see my work recyled into new and interesting projects.
Sarn
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
This modpack replaces the Spearman, Pikeman, and Eagle Warrior with modified spearmen/pikemen. Overall, the units are well made and give a little new flavor to the normal spearman line.

Usefulness/Novelty - 5
Usefulness - 5
These units are potentially very useful if a designer wants to use some sort of guard, sentry, or simply a spearman, but wants something different.
Novelty - 5+
This is the first spearman mod I have seen and I love it. The addition of the shields makes them into entirely new units, which I feel are very unique and something other people haven't done before.

Quality/Instructions - 4
Quality - 4
For the most part, these units are good. The only problem I found was that when the units were killed, their corpses didn't have the shields they carried when alive. This is the case for all three units. If the units are carrying the shields, they need to decay with the corpses. Also, there are no new icons for the units.
Instructions - 4
No instructions are included, but as most people know how to use a modpack, it's almost unneeded. I say almost because some people don't know how to use modpacks, and leave comments asking "How do I use a modpack?!?!" in the comments section in the Blacksmith and in the forums.

Usefulness/Novelty - 5
Quality/Instructions - 4

Overall - 4.5

In Summary - A good modpack, it adds some new flavor into the always-the-same spearman line.
Charging_Knight I like these units greatly, I'll be using them for my Crusades campaign and perhaps for others too like one on the Hastings campaign. I only wish I could do one thing, namely changed the unit portrait for the eagle warrior which you use as a substitute for one of the units. I was thinking the spearman unit with a huskarl shield might have worked nice in place of the militia unit instead. Anyone could guide me through replacing the unit portrait with a spearman's one?
TheLaughingMule C_Knight - the best place to start learning about modding is at the AoKH forum. Start with this thread:

The Modders Guild

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,40000,0,20
Dave3377
File Author
@Charging_Knight, I sometimes forget to add the new portraits to my mods before submitting them. But I checked this one and all three new units should have new portraits.
besenbob I really like this :)

It has the touch of AoE but it`stotal new.
really great work.

But now my question is:

how have you do this ?
you has take the existing spearman and it edited.

how you do this ? then i would do this too :)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5
Quality/Instructions4.5