New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files
Recent Updates

Single Player Scenarios » MGC11 - A Wolf Story (mini-game)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

MGC11 - A Wolf Story (mini-game)

Author File Description
docvilleg
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Strategy
Screenshot:
A WOLF HISTORY

A cold winter morning, in a dense forest, a disaster has occurred. One member of your pack has been captured by a cruel hunter. You, and the two strongest wolves in the pack have gone to their aid ...

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Mash
(id: Mashek)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Is this submitted for the Mini-game Contest 2011? If so, I can edit the title. It needs to include 'MGC11'.

Nevertheless, quite a nice little mini-game. I tried luring the hunter to the foreign "herd" to see what would happen. Unfortunately, the hunter decided to go elsewhere and made it past the tree and I lost.

By the way, the term you're looking for should be "pack" and not "herd".

EDIT: I just noticed you have signed up to the Mini-game Contest over at the forums and have edited your title to coincide with the contest rules.

[Edited on 03/01/11 @ 04:27 PM]

alekshs Cute story,but i'm racking my brain to understand something:how did you manage to make such a short map?
Basse To answer your question, there are several utilities with small maps, but you can also make it using Trigger Studio
Nowhere
(id: NowhereT)
I can't seem to win :/ I managed to lure the hunter to the other pack and killed him and returned my three wolves to their starting positions but it didn't end :( So I "I R Winner"ed it ;)

I like the originality of using animals as the main characters on a nice map though.
Dtrungle
Official Reviewer
You need to bring the 3 starting wolves plus the one that you rescue from the hunter's camp. 4 in total with names indicating that they are from your 'herd'.

About luring the hunter, I'm not sure how it's done but it seems to goes back and forth probably due to triggers though it's a bit odd and unpredictable?..
docvilleg
File Author
Thanks very much for your coments.

I am new in this. I have done scenarios before, but it is the first scenario in that I make tiggers.

Yes, for win you have to put the 4 wolfs of you pack in the start point. The difficult of the scenario is avoid that the hunter (or some of his trainig wolfs) come to the dead tree. You can retain him in the narrow passage of the river. When he began to attack some of you wolfs, you can take him to the foreing pack (or some of his trainig wolfs)...

Sorry, I should be specified in the instructions, and make a tigger for you lost in case of one of your wolfs die.

Can I resubmit it changing the word "herd" for "pack"??

Grettings!!!, and sorry for the mistakes.

pd: I am workin in other scenario in a gigant map, I hope finish it in some months, but I have had a lots of bugs.
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Update you scenario using the Blue update button at the top of the main post.
RladalFatih
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 3
It was a nice mini-game, globally. Not a wonderfull one, but I liked the idea of wolves attack against an evil hunter who captured a member of our pack. It was well built, but without enough triggers at my taste to improve the gameplay and made the game more interesting. You just need to kill the hunter and prevent him to reach a dead tree, nothing more. And the mission is really short.

Balance: 3
In one word: decent. I tried the scenario three or four times before to win ( the time I needed to understand how to prevent the hunter to reach the tree, so it was enought difficult to be interesting. But after the player know what he must did to kill the hunter, there is no more challenge.

Creativity: 4+
Like I said before, the main idea of the scenario was really good, and well used. It is this element that interested me enought to download the scenario. And rate it after.

Map Design: 5
The map design was really good, with some details that improve greatly the global appearance of the scenario.

Story/Instructions: 2+
The weakest point of this scenario. I know, for a lot of beginners in scenario design, instructions seems borring to write. and, most of the time, they give to the player two lines to describe the situation, with some hints, and that is all. Instructions were clear, hints, usefull, but the story very, very little, and it disapointed me, because the rest of your work was really good.

Additional Comments:
Good job! For a first scenario, it is really nice. I hope this review will be usefull to you.

[Edited on 05/05/11 @ 05:19 PM]

docvilleg
File Author
Thank you very much for the review, is greatly appreciated.

I have reuploaded the file fixing several bugs, such as spelling mistakes and errors in design.

Greetings!!!
RladalFatih Little detail: one of the wolf of the other pack is named "freign wolf".I am happy to see that my reviews have an effect (I am thinking about the sunk ship).

Edited: Finally, I give you an other point for map design. Why not? You changed the only thing that prevented me to give you a five in your update, so I think that it is logic to update my review.

[Edited on 05/13/11 @ 08:48 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0