Mod Packs » Hun/Bulgar/Magyar/Cuman Archer

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Hun/Bulgar/Magyar/Cuman Archer

Author File Description
Khan Ivayl
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
Currently this file contains the graphics of the Pecheneg/Cuman Archer(s) from Tzars and Salesmen.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
fr steve Good work Ivo, but the horse is very ugly. I thought you'd have replaced it by an AOK's. In Age of Chivary, the Cuman auxiliary has dying graphics, but they're maybe present too in Taichi San's mod, with all Alpha and Pre-Alpha units.
Kor
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
Khan Ivayl, I would gladly send you the dying graphics of the beta mangudai if I knew your email address.
Khan Ivayl
File Author
ivoiotchev@student.ru.nl
Kor
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
Sent!
Khan Ivayl
File Author
Updated! :)
Sarn
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.0
Quality/Instructions2.5
Usefulness/Novelty
Usefulness - The Cuman Mercenary is a moderately useful unit, especially in light of the conversion being developed that call for such a unit. This unit would also be a nice addition for anyone who wanted a different graphic for cavalry archer. It's not "THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD!!!" useful, but still is quite useful. - 4

Novelty - Novelty is fairly high, since it is a historically-based unit, which no one has made before. Howeve, it does suffer a little in this area because the unit itself is not a drastically different change, merely another kind of cavalry archer. It is still moderately novel. - 4

Quality/Instructions
Quality - The quality for this unit is a little lower than I would like. There are a few bugs that I noticed that I'll list here:
First, the dying and decaying animations have rider wearing a blue shirt, while the standing, walking, and attacking graphics have the rider wearing a dark shirt. You'll want to change them to match.
Second, most of the attacking directions "jump" a little after the conclusion of the attack.

The quality of the unit itself, bugs aside, is quite good. The shaved head is clearly visible and well done. The one thing I would suggest is that the Beta horse that is used is not the best choice. Compared to the ingame horses, it almost looks like a pony. Overall, Quality - 3

Instructions - There are no instructions included and there only are the slps, with an install script. Either instructions on how to add the slps or a MPS install script are needed. There are very brief instructions on the download page, but further instructions are needed for people unfamilier with replacing SLPs. - 2

Usefulness/Novelty - 4
Quality/Instructions - 2.5

Overall: 3.3

In summary: This is a good mod in progress, but it still needs some work. A few bugs need to be fixed and instructions or an install script need to be added. If these changes are made, I'd be glad to update my review.

[Edited on 12/29/11 @ 11:47 PM]

Pulkit Khan Ivayl, the Tales of Middle-Earth mod team would love to use your Cuman Archer unit in their mod:

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,39767,,10

It would make a perfect representation for a Cavalry Archer. Taking your permission from the topic post, we will ensure credits and links are offered wherever possible.

Thanks!
Shyam prasad
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty5.0
Quality/Instructions4.5
Usefulness/Novelty: 5
Hun/Bulgar/Magyar/Cuman Archer by Khan Ivayl is modpack with .slps of Hun/Bulgar/Magyar/Cuman Archer.This unit is very,very useful.And as the author states,This unit "would fit with any project involving warriors from the steppes.unlike before the update,This unit is now a best at all unit.

Quality/Instructions: 4.5
Like in the usefulness category,The unit is keeping it`s high level in quality also.Like the author`s other files,This unit also very good in quality.Another thing to appreciate is the icon,Which is good like an official icon.The only reason I can`t give 5.o to this unit is,There is a little flaw when the unit is moving.

Additional Comments:
A good unit in the site.A must to download file

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty4.5