Download File Post Review Post Comment

World risk project

Author File Description
hpnishi
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other
Number of scenarios: 1
I'm trying to make a world risk scenario a little bit different from the one played in Voobly. I used to play that one a few years ago but can't remember who did it.
I want to define the units to be placed according to their historical/geographical area. In the Voobly's original map, the korean war wagon is set in the middle of Europe :P
First of all I excluded the part of each player having to choose a place in the world to start by placing their kings. I want every player to have a predefined starting spot. Player 1, for example, will start in England, producing Elite Longbowmans.

Unfortunately, I still didn't find a way to create the right triggers. The units must be created, in periods of X seconds, for the player that owns the respective building and the ownership of the building shouldn't be fixed, belonging to the player closest to it.

Can anyone give me a light? I just need the right conditions and effects for one building and I'll do the rest.

UPDATED
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Blueway Ya, mate.

"The units must be created, in periods of X seconds, for the player that owns the respective building and the ownership of the building shouldn't be fixed, belonging to the player closest to it."

Look....

Trigger 1 (looping, startig state)(This trigger will create a castle for gaia at the selected place. If a unit is near it(the castle) converts to that unit. To take the castle you have to destroy it and go near)

Condition:Time 1

Effect:Create Object; Player-Gaya; Castle (Buildings-Castle); Area (you select it and put old stone heads or something so that units can't stay on that place to block creation);

Trigger 2 (looping, starting state)

(This trigger will make soldiers for the player that ows the castle in the selected area)

Condition:Own fewer object (if you want to limit units) Desired unit (choose unit:units military to put a max population for units or choose the unit to put max population only for that unit); P1;

Condition:Object in area; P1 Castle (select area)

Condition:Timer (Desired time)

Effect:Create Object; P1; (Choose object) (Task Object)

For Player 2:

Trigger 2 (looping, starting state)

(This trigger will make soldiers for the player that ows the castle in the selected area)

Condition:Own fewer object (if you want to limit units) Desired unit (choose unit:units military to put a max population for units or choose the unit to put max population only for that unit); P2;

Condition:Object in area; P2 Castle (select area)

Condition:Timer (Desired time)

Effect:Create Object; P2; (Choose object) (Task Object)

(Make this triggers for each player and for each area where castles will apperar)

(Use AoK TS if you have it
hpnishi
File Author
Thanks for answering, man!

I used AOKTS and the scenario is almost perfect. I just did somethings different from what you said. The buildings is permanent, as you can see on the updated file.

The only problem is the buildings that do not start with any player. The ones that starts with players are all ok, they belong to the player that has the most units closest to them, switching the ownership as many times as needed.
BUT, the ones that starts with no original owner are a problem. What I did is to set these buildings from a civilization of x player and then made a trigger with the effect to change the ownership to gaia in the beggining of the game. I had to do so to use the buildings of the japanese player, for example, for the mongols, koreans and chinese. The thing is that no player is able to capture these buildings, they belong to gaia all game.

Suggestions?

[Edited on 05/12/11 @ 01:43 AM]

Blueway Yes. If you switch from a player to gaia it remanis to gaia....

You could do:

{
Make the triggers that will make castles (that are not for players from start) to not be from starting state (starting state no) but keep looping on

make a timer and after the desired time activate them

trigger (starting state)

condition:timer desired time

effect:activate trigger (select trigger)
}

or:

{
trigger (starting state on)

condition:object in area: units military p1 (select the area with astle)
effect:remove object castle player:gaya (select exactly the same area)

Make this trigger at every castle for every player (use AOKTS)

}

[Edited on 05/12/11 @ 07:05 AM]

hpnishi
File Author
Thanks for the suggestions, Blueway!
Unfortunately those may not be the solutions I need. I'm not using the system of destroying and creating buildings. The buildings are supposed to be the same until the end.
But I made a discover. ALL buildings start in the possession of X player, but I made a trigger for each one of them, changing their ownership to gaia. The reason why some of them work properly is because they are MONUMENTS. Only this type of building is able to change the ownership. Castles, wonders, etc, can't.

So, is there a way of making these BUILDINGS BEHAVE AS IF THEY WERE MONUMENTS?

Thanks once again

[Edited on 05/12/11 @ 09:25 PM]

Blueway I don't know how to do that but i have a suggestion:

Make castle invincible and a trigger that will change ownership if the enemy soldiers are for 30 seconds near castle

trigger (looping, starting state)

condition:
object in area units military p1

effect
change ownership castle
P2-p1

effect
change ownership castle
P3-p1

effect
change ownership castle
P4-p1

effect
change ownership castle
P5-p1

so on, for each player at every castle :)

[Edited on 05/13/11 @ 11:53 AM]

Blueway Also, i propose you to change a little the gameplay.

Instead of one unit from time to time, 10 units at a time ( own fewer object "the unit" ex:longbowmna) 1 ).

If you will make it with leader, make leader very strong and if he dies the player loses.

Also add some invincible healers (like, 4) at starting base.

Good luck

[Edited on 05/15/11 @ 02:18 PM]

Blueway Did you progresed?
irwinnerdavidboy IMPORTANT!!!!! read the whole message!
(example trigger): p2: objects in area: 0;
: p3: objects in area: 0;
: p4: objects in area: 0;
: p5: objects in area: 0; etc.
: p1: objects in area: 1;
; change ownership
(select castle)
(player) p2; (target) p1;
; change ownership
(select castle)
(source) p3; (target) p1; e
(add gaia as well)
(do this on the same castle
for each player
(example:
p2: objects in area: 1;
; change ownership
(select castle(same castle))
(source) p1; (target) p2;
if you need me to show you, I can email you the edit
(if I have permission to edit this,) email me at
It'smemyselfandi@ymail.com Don't type yahoo.com, it's ymail.com
email me your email so i can give the edit directly.
also give me permission from this page(not your email!)
because every time I get mail it is automatically spammed. :(
(if you don't need me to show you, just type no thanks)
lunascii Hey man, I am working on a risk scenario that gives a unit for each country in risk. I am trying to align them geographically but have to repeat some units and risk countries don't all align with TC time period so it's not an exact science. There are no buildings so far in the game. The units just come from spawn sites. When you control a whole continent's spawn sites you get elite or upgraded units. The tricky part I am struggling with (because of the sheer amount of triggers that would be involved, that need to be copied and edited) is I want country counquering to be an aspect so when somebody controls a spawn and then somebody else gains control, they get a special unit in their own "control" area on the side of the map in the ocean. They randomly recieve a canoneer, horse, or infantry and if they have 3 alike and trade them in for more units on their controlled continents. In this way it will be very much like Risk but the continent ownership will alone be many many triggers so I'm thinking about leaving out country conquering with the awarded "card" units. Sorry if that was long, just wanted you to know I'm working on this and perhaps we could work together? I need help with copying and editing triggers just to finish the scenario. Most stuff is already figured out and working but I'm busy on my zombie mod right now which is way more epic and might even be less work.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:328
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:38.48 KB
Added:05/11/11