Mod Packs » Cataphract Archer

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Cataphract Archer

Author File Description
Dave3377
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
This mod was only partially successful: The skirting of the original heavy cavalry archer hangs down below the armor. This would be fine but it still moves as if the skirting is flowing freely.

It's not too distracting, but it's not perfect either.

Use as you like. If anyone wants to try and remove the skirting (You'll have to drawl new legs), go right ahead.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
They are good, but you should have taken the entire cataphract horse. I think that would look better.
TomYo689 I always thought it would be really cool to see the regular cataphract with a bow instead of a sword. Like all same armour and everything except just bow and he shoots arrows instead
Lanor @tom that would be a good idea but this cataphract archer will work for my crusades mod until an archer that looks entrily cataphract comes up
Dave3377
File Author
Many cataphracts only had armour on the front of the horse (especially the lighter ones).

There may a have been some other reason where using the full armour didn't work but if there was I've forgotten it.
DJeronimo well, a cataphract archer would have armour on the back of the horse, so if you do not mind it would be a better unit than this one, but considering cavalry to be multipurpose at the time i am ready to congratulate you on this beautifull unit.

ps - armoured cavalry archers wore armour on the back, cause they shot their arrows while showing the back or back and lateral of the horse, also the back legs are stronger and can sustain heavy armour, or lighter padding. it is similar to the icon of the parthian tactics. nice job, by the way...
Huanglukuzhu I'm interested in your work. I am making a great mod telling the story of the steppes. I saw your crafts of asian units and mongolian buildings, could you share them to me to help me finish my own mod?
Pulkit Dave, the Tales of Middle-Earth mod team would love to use your Cataphract Archer unit in their mod:

http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,39767,,10

It would make a perfect representation for a Unique Unit. Taking your permission from the topic post, we will ensure credits and links are offered wherever possible.

Thanks!
Emperor Pingu May I use this unit dave? I will give proper credits and link to it :)
Dave3377
File Author
Sorry for the late response. EVERYONE is welcome to use ANY of my units. I put them here for the enjoyment of all and consider it an honor when one of them shows up in a mod.

I'm so very glad people like them.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:762
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:724.08 KB