Download File Post Review Post Comment

MLH Contest : The Travels of Marco Polo

Author File Description
Charging_Knight
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
Number of scenarios: 1
Here is my submission. This includes the prologue version. More to come in time :)

For more details, please follow the official thread at http://aok.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/aokcgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,40475,50,60

Feedback and comments are much appreciated!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
Its really good, but i have a suggestion:

Add a graphics.drs because 1. MPS lags when installing such a big mod, 2. i cannot load the game because of this mod. So it would be better with the drs file included

In overall it is really good! I would recommend to download!
Julius999
Official Reviewer
I encountered a bug when I brought Marco Polo to the armourer and moved him to the location. He was removed and I was defeated. Possibly the other two units blocked the creation of a replacement?
Charging_Knight
File Author
Hello there. I was wondering how I could add the graphic.drs to this file? Should I remove the uploaded file or should I just re-upload the whole thing?

To Julius : Yes, I think it worked fine when Marco was the only one present near the blacksmith furnace. If his elders are at the same spot, it might have caused the crash. How about the rest of the scenario?
Julius999
Official Reviewer
I really like the concept, but it was a bit buggy and a bit rough round the edges. For some reason I didn't need to deal with the Dalmatians in order for the Governor of Zara to think I did. I also think it would be quite hard to lose this scenario. Minor issues were things like the cramped nature of the design causing Venetian troops to block the west gate during the skirmish with Ancona.
Charging_Knight
File Author
I wanted to ask also if the music and sounds played well? How was my introduction, map and other aesthetic matters? Also I was wondering if you could advise me on something?
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
Sorry for my delay, havn´t checked the comments of this file for long, however here the answer to your quesiton about the graphics file:

To add a graphics drs file, you have to open the modpack with modpack studio, and click "Create DRS Files for *MODPACK Name* " instead of "Create Install Script for *MODPACK Name* "

The Graphics DRS is found in the DATA folder in your Age of Kings folder.
Julius999
Official Reviewer
The music and sounds were fine, although I didn't really notice them much most of the time.

The map was excellent, but bear in mind that the player doesn't always have access to it. Some in-game directions would sometimes be useful.

Aesthetically, the map is reasonable although not outstanding in its detail. But that's something people fuss too much about anyway, so don't worry.

If you'd like my advice you can email me at the address in my profile.
panel
Official Reviewer
charging knight, i wanted to review your file but right now the file has big playability issues due to the fact that reloading saved games crashes the game. Please be so kind as to include the .drs files in the download, hopefully this will solve the problem.

BTW I could review the file right now but it would probably be massively rated down on playability because of the aforementioned problem.
Charging_Knight
File Author
panel, I will have to regenerate the .drs file since I only have the .akx version. Is there a quicker way to generate the .axp you require other than recreating it from scratch?Or is there a quicker way to make it directly from a existing .akx?
panel
Official Reviewer
I've no idea, I'm not experienced with modding. Try asking at the modding guild topic in the SD forums, they can probably help.

campaign looked good from what i got to see, hope you manage to update.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0