Recent Updates

Showcase Scenarios » PTC11 - The Mountains of Eta

Download File Post Review Post Comment

PTC11 - The Mountains of Eta

Author File Description
GeneralR
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This is my entry for the Pretty Town Contest 2011, it uses black tiles, invisible tiles, blocked terrains and other things. It's a small town in the mountains, and a castle within the mountains.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Rating: 3.5

The Mountains of Eta, is a small entry for the Pretty Town Contest, where is not very much to see. There was use of GAIA objects, but a bit too low in my oponion. The author made good work with map copy, and also used some BETA units. Sadly, there is far to low use of terrain mixing, and the trees around the way ended up open into an endless grass terrain which got blocked off by invisible cliffs. The few triggers were fine. I really liked the market, and there was good use of advanced map tricks. I really liked the single parts of town centers used as tents, parts of a market, and even as a lumbercamp. The tree stump fence around the monastary looks really good. There some flowers and path's spread around the map, and some trees next of the roads. In overall it looks very empty, some more effort could really be put into this. The score gets pulled upwards by the amazing creative effects, you used. As I have mentioned above, there was a really good looking fence of tree stumps, and i really liked the way you created the market. The bridge that leads over the cliffs looks very good too.

Additional Comments: Although the overall design is a bit poor, the ideas and the use of them you have put into this scenario will be of good use to me, and surely for other designers as well. Nice work there, its worth to take a look at this!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:368
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:55.10 KB