PTC11 - Waterworld

Author File Description
Nowhere
(id: NowhereT)
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
This is my entry to the PTC11.

It's teeny tiny, on a 50x50 map and with literally zero triggers.

I lost the entry I was working on for quite a while, so this isn't a serious contender for the title. However, it offers something that I don't think I've seen done before, so hopefully you'll find it worth the download!

Credits:

-Zanzard Lothar for his awesome immobile unit AI files. Instead of everyone wandering away from their carefully chosen places, they stand there looking awkward instead :)
-Julius999 for his Designer's Editor which proves invaluable for fitting trees in between buildings!
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
CarolKarine Rating: 4.5
I find that the whole of the thing looked pretty, in and of itself. Only when put in context of how someone would go about building an island city does it start to lose it's luster. If you planned it out a bit more (say, had a little more coastline, as people build on coastline, not hard to reach islands) As I said, it looks great until you think "is this who i would plan it out?" It's not a category in the judging, so i really only docked you a quarter point for it. the other quarter point was for the sand strips (which look ugly by themselves) in the fish farms.

I'm not posting this as a review As I don't go as in depth as I would for a review, and I'm leaving that for the judges.
GeneralR I expected more of it, when i saw the screenshot, the whole islands looked not bad, but are missing something in my opinion
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Rating 4.0

NowhereT's Entry to the Pretty Town Contest is only a 50X50 map, but therefore well designed. The mainland is a good looking jungle, and the author did a good job with map copying the mountains. I liked the bay, formed with cliffs that went into a nice beach. The rest of the map, is made of good mixed water with a lot of fish, and some very small islands. These mini islands were very busy, filled with a mix of Asian and Mexican buildings. In addition, there were good looking bamboo's between them. I liked the naval habor, but i think, it looked a bit squary.

Additional Comments: A real good entry, it would have scored a bit higher if the map was a bit bigger. a 50X50 map is easy to fill, especially, if half of it is water. Good job in overall, i would recommend the download!

[Edited on 10/26/11 @ 10:51 AM]

Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Probably one of the smallest entries the Pretty Town Contest has ever seen, Waterworld by NowhereT is built in a 50x50 sized map as an entry to the 2011 edition of the Pretty Town Contest.

Rating: 3.5
While the map is very professionally designed it’s grand problem is that it is too small earn a higher score. Being built in a such a small map and with a lot of it consisting of water, there’s not too much else for the eye to see. Waterworld is a creative edition to the many entries this contest has seen over the years and really does showcase some nice ideas but there isn’t much to judge. The islands are well made and present themselves full of interesting buildings for the water towns population to live in. A nice mixture of buildings are overlapped to create some nice architectural designs and vegetation such as jungle trees are mixed in around them to create a nice realistic feel to them. The water could have done with a little more mixing as attempts have been made but it does look entirely realistic. The small bit of jungle to the left is nicely designed although a bit bland.

Additional Comments:
Overall Waterworld gains points for its creative premise but is ultimately to small and rushed to really make its premise of notice.

Thanks
Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:463