Mod Packs » Explosive Turtle Ship

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Explosive Turtle Ship

Author File Description
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
The Turtle ship now shoots exploding fire bullets, with a blast radius. The ship dies in an explosion. The elite turtle ship has got a bit more speed, + 1 range, shoots one more bullet, and has got a bigger blast radius.

To install, simply put the file into the DATA folder, in your AOK folder. If your computer asks if you want to replace the file, say yes.

Screenshot is coming soon
Have fun :)

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
panel
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Usefulness/Novelty: 3.5
Devastator's little mod delivers exactly what it promises: changing the graphics of the turtle ship projectile and also adding a blast effect to it. Also, the turtle ships now explode when destroyed. I'm not sure about the modifications related to the unit's strength, as it might reduce the game's balance. Also, the data changes are small and for many people it might not justify the effort of changing the data file. However, i can see uses for this, giving perspectives for more fantasy-oriented scenarios. All in all, it's a slight but interesting alteration to the original unit.

Quality/Instructions: 4.5
The mod achieves its goal through in-game effects, so don't expect to see any new types of projectiles/explosions. However, it is of good quality and I haven't noticed any shortcomings in-game.

Additional Comments:

If you are looking for a more special naval unit for your scenario, one that has a more spectacular attack effect than the standard ones, then this is surely for you. In a word, it's not revolutionary but it certainly might come in handy for some.
GeneralR I think it's not very useful because of the minimal effort it took, even with normal GeniEd it's very easily reproducable
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
File Author
the effort taken, does not always affect the usefulness. Its what it does, is it a super special system, what adds a new kind of system and took month to be produced, or just a simple unit modification. Both of them can be useful in one or the other way :)
youwitheface I thought this mod was pretty cool for something so simple! You should make an explosive hand cannoneer next xD

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions4.5
Statistics