Single Player Scenarios » MGC12 - The Siege of the Fort

Download File Post Review Post Comment

MGC12 - The Siege of the Fort

Author File Description
Mephiles5
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Fixed Force
This file is for the MiniGame Contest 2012.

Thanks to Zanzard Lothar for the Immobile Units AI File.

Hope you enjoy this.

~Mephiles5~.2012.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
panel
Official Reviewer
the sound "MGC 2012 - Charge" makes my game crash. Maybe other people will be experiencing that as well, so I think it's best if you either changed it or removed it from the dowload.
Sarn
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity2.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions2.0
"The Siege of the Fort" is Mephiles5's entry into the 2012 minigame competition, a Fixed Force castle assault.

Playability: 4
There's nothing technically wrong with the scenario and I didn't find any bugs or problems. Panel noted that one of the sounds crashed his game, but I didn't encounter any such problems. It was moderately enjoyable, but due to the shortness of the scenario, I felt like it could only go so far in this category. Maybe the addition of extra waves, both of defenders and attackers could have made it more interesting.

Balance: 3
It was pretty well balanced, but a little on the easy side. Each time I played through, I had maybe 20 soldiers remaining at the end, even when I rushed the gate early and the longbowmen slaughtered half of my ranged units. Still, not too bad, and decently balanced.

Creativity: 2
With such a small map, creativity is harder to come by, and it happened here as well. There wasn't much more than moving all of your soldiers outside the gate and then just slaughter my way to the castle. The story wasn't particularly unique, gameplay, triggering, map design, nothing really was very unique.

Map Design: 3
Map design was decent for such a small map, but it wasn't spectacular. It looked natural, but lacked much of the details that it needed. There wasn't much eye candy and most of the map was filled by your soldiers or the enemy fort. Making the forest thinner, and filling in the space with stumps, rocks, etc. would have made it better.

Story/Instructions: 2
The story was nearly nonexistent, essentially being "Destroy the castle, protect your heroes!" There were some typos in the Hints section but during the ingame dialogue, it seemed to fit and there wasn't a problem.

Additional Comments:
A nice little scenario, but nothing to write home about. If you're looking for a little bit of quick fun, this might be what you're looking for, but if you're looking for more than a snack, this may not be what you're looking for.
Dtrungle
Official Reviewer
That Charge sound file crashed me as well. The minigame is far too short and easy. It's very basic like Sarn says. Just raid the gate, kill the enemies, and raze the castle. Decent work though.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity2.0