Single Player Scenarios » MGC12-An evil "surprise"

Download File Post Review Post Comment

MGC12-An evil "surprise"

Author File Description
alekshs
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Mix
Pell is a usual man with a usual life, but suddenly fate turns its back to him-his enemy will not carry sword, but magic...

The update includes some sounds and some added instructions.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
panel
Official Reviewer
You've certainly improved since your Ugo scenario.

But there is a problem, after the monastery part, when Pell gets out I don't get ownership back and the game doesn't continue. You might want to check it out and update before the deadline ;)

alekshs
File Author
I've checked the game thoroughly. I haven't encountered such problem (even to the 2nd laptop i tested it).

If the case is after the Evil Monk's second defeat where Pell gets out of the monastery by himself, it is supposed to be done that way. When this happens, no ownership needs to be changed-there comes some short cutscene and, finally, the game ends.
If the case is after the Evil Monk's first defeat, you task Pell to the exit and then you own Pell again when you have to choose between the two flags (pause or not).
If not, i need more declaration about where exactly the problem occurred.

Generally, if teams are not locked there must be no problem.
However, it seems i need to update my instructions...

Btw, my opinion is that this game is better than "Ugo" only in terms of more delightful effects and the ability to control the dialogs.

[Edited on 03/13/12 @ 05:44 PM]

Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
Great Game! Very Creative, and good made. Only i think, that maybe you should include some sounds, especially for the first time in the monastary, and the ending.
alekshs
File Author
The pity is i'm already looking for sounds to include to my game. I hope i include them the soonest possible (i've already found some)...
Sarn
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
"An Evil 'Surprise'" is Alekshs' entry into the 2012 Minigame competition. A puzzle/RP scenario, it was enjoyable and made me think to beat it.

Playability: 4
I enjoyed this scenario quite a bit. It had an engaging storyline, good map designing, and was just fun to play. There were some new ideas and it was well done, with no errors or bugs that I could find.

Balance: 3
This scenario was well balanced, and as a puzzle scenario, balance is a little more difficult to judge, since once you figure out the puzzle, the challenge is gone. In order to to win this game, however, you had to figure out how to beat the enemy, which involved a little trial and error to figure out. The hints help, and if you really get stuck, you can check the Scouts section for detailed instructions.

Creativity: 5
I liked this a lot. The designer used triggers and map design well to pull off some good tricks. The heads, the spirits, and the gathering items, while not completely original, were creative in their implementation. I also liked the pause game trick, which I'd never seen used quite like that before.

Map Design: 4
The map was well-designed, and while the designer jokes about the inside of the monastery being bland, it's really not bad. The town outside and the monastery on the hill also were well made and the designer did a good job fitting all three locations onto such a small map.

Story/Instructions: 4
I liked the story, but there were a few places where the wording was a little off or hard to understand. Aside from that, the story developed well and I enjoyed seeing it progress. The inclusion of both hints and a walkthrough also add to this category.

Additional Comments:
A pretty good scenario, I'd recommend this for download. It was fun and wasn't pushover-easy. I enjoyed playing it.
alekshs
File Author
Thanks a lot for the review Sarn!

It's nice that you enjoyed the game. The judging taken place in the competition, though, was more strict.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0