File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other
Screenshot:
Duck hunt - created by Gallas

- 3 difficult

- 10 Rounds

- 190-230 ducks

HOW TO INSTALL: Download the file, and unpack to Age of empires II main folder. (the zip file contain all necessary folder)

WARNING!!!

This map need data editing! Do not forget to prepare a safety rescue your empires2_x1_p1.dat file. (in \data folder)

My idea came from a very old game (NES Duck Hunt) what I tried to make in this game. I had many troubles on the front of his making unfortunately. The basis my idea was similar to Nixck's dodgeball, but it was full of bugs, was out of order well, because of this I used a data edited file (and this is my first data edited map). Hope you will enjoy it:)

Good hunting!

After a game, if you remember how many points you had (your gold), please write it here in comment:)

Technical informations:

Map size: 15x15
Units on map: 612
Triggers: 400+

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Draconian Devil
(id: DraconainDevil)
Absolutely amazing!!
alekshs GREAT GAME!
It MUST be one of the 3 first in ranking
Gallas
File Author
My best record: 604 points and I am glad that you like it this much.

[Edited on 03/18/12 @ 07:45 AM]

Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
Really, great, very creative! Good Map Design, Good Triggering, Good Sounds, Good Modding! Will surely score in the first 3!
Jan dc
(id: Den cekke)
Dude this map is awesome. You rock=D.
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
Official Reviewer
414 points on standard.

BTW, what is that dog in the beginning good for? I always kill it, but nothing happens.
Gallas
File Author
If you would have played with the original one you would know it, and it is not necessary to shoot your dog. The duck fly up, because of your dog frightens them.
Lord Basse
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
PLAYABILITY: 4
"Duck Hunt" is a third-person shooter arcade scenario, an AoK version of the classic NES game by the same name. As such it has a unique gameplay style, which is a lot of fun to play. I did feel that the game was dragging out by the end, though, as there were long pauses between each level. It would have been more fun if the later levels came with shorter breaks, thus making the gameplay more hectic. As it is it's a lot of fun, but it wears off after a while.

BALANCE: 4
Judging balance for arcade-style scenarios is always tricky, as the difficulty is supposed to escalate the further you get, while most custom scenarios are best balanced when they're challenging throughout. This scenario comes with three difficulty levels, and each level becomes progressively harder as you go through the levels, but unfortunately the later levels are a bit underwhelming. The long breaks in the later levels gave me too much time to think, and I think it would have been better to make the break shorter and shorter as you progressed through the levels. As it is, however, it's still good.

CREATIVITY: 5
The gameplay style is unique in AoK as far as I'm concerned. In this scenario, instead of building an economy, razing enemy towns and backstabbing your allies, you sit behind some bushes and kill ducks. It is a novelty scenario, but there are still several creative touches in the scenario mechanics, like the unpredictable flying pattern of some of the ducks, the random spawn points, and more, all earning the scenario a full score.

MAP DESIGN: 4
For a 15x15 map, this looks very good. The map depicts a simple reed-covered shore and does so very well. The only thing that could be improved would be to make the reeds a bit more varied, and not just of a single frame.

STORY & INSTRUCTIONS: 5
The scenario has no story, and it doesn't need one: it is an homage to a classic NES game, and the gameplay is simple and straightforward; trying to connect it to a more detailed story would take away from what the scenario really is, a novelty arcade experience. The instructions, however, are precise and clear, and ensure that you quickly and easily understand how the scenario works.

[Edited on 06/24/14 @ 03:34 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0