Author File Description
Basse
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Other
Hay Invaders

A minigame by Basse

Introduction
The evil hay stacks has decided to invade the earth! Your village is the first target! Kill the hay stacks and save the planet!

Screenies
In action
[url=http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/Bassefrom/Hay%20Invaders/MAP022.jpg[/url]

I am aware of some bugs and that the map is quite easy. I haven't been able to fix some of the bugs, but at least it's somewhat playable :)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
panel
Official Reviewer
such a funny minigame! playing it I kept feeling like it's in some ways a parody of my Mongol Invaders game. Which kinda makes it the parody of a parody, but all the more fun.

Anyway, I really hope you manage to solve the balance issues before the deadline. That, and the hard-to-control shooting are the drawbacks at this point.
Draconian Devil
(id: DraconainDevil)
It does have some bugs only if played on Fast speed.

Also the computer resigned :(
Basse
File Author
The computer should have the Immobile units AI. Worked on both my computers (whereof only one of them has the AI in the AI folder). There are bugs yeah, but I do not have the time or motivation to update now.
Gallas Basse, maybe I can help you.

I did not use any AI. First put down a gaia battering ram. Then conceal it (invisible cloak). Then put a horse into the computer's ram. The computer will never capitulate then.
Basse
File Author
I have a red ram garrisoned inside itself already ;)
Gallas The horse is the essence. If the comp has a horse does not capitulate.
Basse
File Author
It shouldn't do that with a Ram either, because of the Immobile Units AI. Used it in tons of scenarios earlier :s
Possidon
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance2.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Hay Invaders is a simple arcade style minigame which was Basse's submission to the 2012 Minigame Competition.

Playability: 4
Hay Invaders is a highly creative arcade style minigame in which the player must defeat the evil hay stacks from dominating the world. A simple premise, but executed very well. As the hay stacks move across a kind of grid the player must move his fast VDML unit onto a pad that is inline with a hay stack. Once they align the hay stuck explodes. Once all the stacks in each wave have been defeated, before they reach the end of their path then the player wins. It reminded me alot of classic 80s arcade games such as Galaga. The scenario is entertain despite the relatively easy gameplay and that is mostly due to its fast paced style and creative concept. Mostly the scenario runs well but one may encounter the odd bug when trying to line up the unit with the hay stacks.

Balance: 2
While the scenario present a bit of challenge as the scenario progresses and the waves grow larger and faster, the scenario is generally pretty easy. The hay doesn't move fast enough to present much of a challenge and your VDML is also so fast it can move across the tiles in a heartbeat. The waves grow harder as the go on but still in no way that would present a challenge to any experience players.

Creativity: 5
A highly original scenario and a completely unique premise. Never before has a scenario used an inanimate object such as a hay stack as an antagonist for the player to fight against. At first I couldn't imagine how this scenario would work but the idea is executed really well. Extensive trigger works is used to make this scenario work well and its more complex than one would expect.

Map Design: 2
The map design is very single, similar to what one would find in an arcade style multiplayer scenario. This can be expected from one of the leading designers in the multiplayer community however, as a single player scenario it needs more work. The design fits the needs of the scenario but doesn't look very appealing. There are ways to make the scenario work whilst also having a nice design on display as well.

Story/Instructions: 3
There's little to no story in the scenario, only a little outline of the premise to set the scene. But this is an arcade game and therefore it doesn't rely on a solid story as much. The instruction are clear and outline of the mechanics of the scenario work. The instructions are good enough and some helpful hints are present as well.

Additional Comments:
Overall Hay Invaders is a humorous, creative and entertaining scenario. If you want to play something completely different then this is the game for you.

Thanks
Possidon

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0