MGC12 - Treasure Predator

Author File Description
Devious Dev
(id: dragonslayermcmx)
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Style: Role Playing Only

Created for the Minigame Contest 2012

The "Devastator" is setting sail.... The Treasure Hunter is out.... to fight his way to Glory!

~Lead your crew through the dangers of the Treasure Island, fully RPG style!
~A total of 85 triggers
~A custom edited Data file
~Three Difficulty levels: Its your choice if you want a small easy speed play or the most challenging Treasure Hunt ever!
~Many Good sound effects and Music
~One of my best detailed works, according to map design!
~And more....

Comments and Reviews are appreciated!

-Dragonslayermcmx
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Jatayu
(id: Sword_of_STORM)
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
'Treasure predator' is an interesting little scenario. It is about about a treasure hunt on an island, and is made on a mini map.

Playability: 3

The game's pretty good. The only frustrating part is with the teutonic knights (ghost ) constantly killing off the villagers. The guards surrounding my character every now and then didn't help either. Overall it was okay, but even for a mini map it was too short and has no replay value.

Balance: 3

As I mentioned before the teutonic knights part is just too hard. I only beat it after 5+ reloads on Standard, and even then the villagers only had 1 hp and 5hp. Otherwise it is okay and not too frustrating.

Creativity: 5

The scenario was very creative! I liked the idea of a haunted island with ghosts, bandits, and treasure. The volcano eruptions and floods were probably best done in this scenario. Full points here.

Map Design: 4

The map was very crowded and it was difficult to maneuver around. Especially the first two parts, attack by leopards and ghosts. There was only one way to get around, which is unrealistic for an island. It looks pretty good though. Nice terrain and eyecandy.

Story/Instructions: 4

Story was all right, nothing very impressive either. A little more background might have been good. Instructions and hints were helpful.

Additional Comments:

This is a good minigame, download it and give it a try.
Devious Dev
Official Reviewer
File Author
Thank you for the review, Jatayu :)
CampiadorHarlow I have a question? How did you put the small boat on the beach?

And btw ... ITS AWESOME..! =D Good work ..!
Devious Dev
Official Reviewer
File Author
I used Advanced Genie Editor to change the graphic of an existing unit, the "junk" boat if i remember correctly. I unhid the boat and changed its graphic to the rowing boat. Feel free to take a look at the empires2_x1_p1.dat file that comes with the scenario and see the graphic id i used for the junk unit.
satori I can't seem to get past the jagars. Whenever I go ahead and see the jagars and when I try to save my diggers, it's too late
Devious Dev
Official Reviewer
File Author
It requires some micromanaging, I must admit I sometimes had difficulties with that part myself :P

Best keep your captain near the villagers, find out what jaguars attack what villager, and kill them before they can cause much damage.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0