Mod Packs » Szlachcic

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Szlachcic

Author File Description
Khan Ivayl
File Details
Version: The Conquerors 1.0c
Screenshot:
This file includes slps to replace the standing, moving, fighting, dying and decaying graphics, as well as icon, of any cavlry unit with 50 frames per slp. Use MPS to select a unit and insert the slps in the corresponding placeholders. Create then a MPS script to test the unit in-game.

The Szlachcic's typical costume and weaponry intentionally mimics that of a warrior from the steppes, corresponding with the ancestral myth placing the roots of the Polish nobility in Sarmatia.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
movaun I appreciate you doing this, but have no idea what resource numbers these files correlate to. Is there a chart available that shows these things, and do I need to change the file name to match the SLP Resource Number?

Thanks in advance.
Khan Ivayl
File Author
This graphics most certainly fit with the cataphract, but it should be possible to replace any cavlry unit, as they mostly resemble each other in frame-number...

When you open MPS and then open, for instance, the moving graphic of the cataphract you then just click on import slp and select the slp named "moving" from the ones available in this file...

cheers

Ivo
Mahazona good work do you have to copy frame by frame to create such a unit or is there a easier way to do it?
RladalFatih Where are the dying and the decaying graphics?
Khan Ivayl
File Author
Finally I came around to make dying and decaying graphics and also improved the attack-graphic. Excuses everyone for the incredible delay...
Mr Wednesday
(id: matty12345)
Staff
Official Reviewer
Rating
Breakdown
Usefulness/Novelty3.5
Quality/Instructions4.5

Usefulness/Novelty: 3.5
I had a hard time choosing a score for this, because on the one hand, the unit is fairly useful. It's a fully functional modded cavalry unit, of which there has never been enough. It's also a unit that would be of a lot of use in many medieval mods or scenarios, particularly as ES so painfully neglected Eastern Europe. In that sense, I can see a lot of people adding this to their campaigns and conversions.

On the other hand, the unit really serves little purpose. It's a cataphract's horse with a tarkan's torso; however, it really serves little purpose that the Tarkan or the cataphract don't already serve. It looks like it could be polish, but then the cataphract has been used as Polish cavalry with no problems before. It's not really unique enough looking to make it fill any need.

Granted, if you already have a mod going, adding this unit could be very useful, so for that I give an above average score. But it's not really going to make or break any scenarios, and for that I can't give top scores.

Quality/Instructions: 4.5
As far as cut and paste modding goes, this stays away from all the major flaws. The frames don't bounce or jump, the animations still look natural and the seams where the unit graphics were spliced aren't very noticeable. It's a nice example of this method working well.

I would have liked to see something a little less simple. These two units are already pretty similar, and the conglomerate just doesn't excite me all that much. But quality is still quality, and the job was all basically well done.

Instructions for beginners could be added. But really, that's not such a big deal. Anyone modding knows what an slp is, and the file is at least not in the hideous MPS format (akx).

Conclusion:
All in all, a solid unit. I'd really like to see the creator try something a little more useful/drastic, but I like this unit very much.
Pulkit Khan, on behalf of the Tales of Middle-Earth team, I'd like to request your permission to adopt your Szlachcic unit mod as part of ToME.

Your spectacular unit will be used as the Balchoth Raider, it suits the role very well!

We hope you are happy to help us here. We will, of course, credit you (with link) for this unit.

Thanks!
Khan Ivayl
File Author
Permission given :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating